YOU WANT TO BRING THIS LEAGUE TO NEXT LEVEL?

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:13 am

I agree on the playoff format. We people are spending too much money for the season to end after 13 weeks for 14% of the teams. Those that struggle early wouldn't give up so quickly.

Greg, are you interested in any of this?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

Originally posted by weber:
i don't necessarily think all the teams in the league should be in the championship run, i just think that when you pick the teams to play for the 100k or watever the prize is that those teams should be put in the tournament based on total points scored through 13 weeks. No automatic bids if you won your league with most points or best record.. those teams can win money through ind leagues, but the teams that play for the big prize should be picked strictly on point total.. so realistically you coould have a team that did not win their league but gets a chance at 100k. it's very fair that way. The wcoff way of doing things is ubsurd in that they will not even look at a team unless they've finished 1st or 2nd in their league? how absurd is that ? so a team with the 10th best point total in their individual league who gets lucky and wins their LCG game weed 12 gets automatic bid into the championship.. thats ubsurd. i'll always play , just baffles me why there are so many different playoff formats within the same league i.e. NFFC auction has 6 teams make playoffs, sat leagues has different format, main event has different format.. the individaul league format playoffs should all be the same, the only difference is the main event where you should pick the teams from the whole pool based on points.. very simple and i think everyone would agree it's fair. weber - how can you post something like this when you don't know how it is now? The best total points teams are already guaranteed an entry in the Championship round regardless of whether they are first or third or even fourth in their league IF they are in the Top 10% of all teams in Total Points. So you could easily have a team not Top H2H or Points in their league who would still get into the Championship round IF they have scored enough all year.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:04 am

the main focus of my post is the individual league playoffs. i'd like to see more teams have a chance at money in ind leagues. and in terms of how i can post it, you see, i looked at my keyboard, (actually i don't look i just type), i signed into the league site, and typed in the post.. simple enough.. lol. it's called a suggestion..

-
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 am

Originally posted by weber:
the main focus of my post is the individual league playoffs. i'd like to see more teams have a chance at money in ind leagues. and in terms of how i can post it, you see, i looked at my keyboard, (actually i don't look i just type), i signed into the league site, and typed in the post.. simple enough.. lol. it's called a suggestion..

- And I agree with your suggestion!!