Rodgers or Cam

Toscano

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Toscano » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:39 am

I'm leaning towards Cam.

Now before you guys go nuts on me for thinking of benching this years MVP I have my reasons.

Rodgers is starting against a top 5 pass defense on a short week on the road.

Cam is playing the Colts. Need I say more?

While I think both qb's will have good games I think that Cam is more likely to go "off" and have a monster game.

This team of mine is in the top 30 in the online and the majority of the teams ahead of me have Rodgers starting and while I know the possibility of Rodger having a off game is slight this may be the best chance I have to gain some ground with little risk.

Tell me if I'm a idiot or not.

Riverdog

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Riverdog » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 pm

If you own A. Rodgers - you play him. That's my take. That other stuff is just one part of your brain trying to talk you out of the very obvious.
(I know - I played Lumpkin over Blount in one league because I figured TB would be way behind GB and just throw and Lumpkin would get catches....of course Blount had that run of the year 50 yard TD run - Play your best players.)
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

bald is beautiful

Rodgers or Cam

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Rodgers. Every time.

It doesn't matter if it is on the road. Green Bay's offense hums. Detroit has the problem in trying to get a defensive game plan implemented in a few days. Not going to happen.

Toscano

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Toscano » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Originally posted by Riverdog:
That other stuff is just one part of your brain trying to talk you out of the very obvious.
- Play your best players.) I know. I'm just trying to think of a scenario in which I can make up some ground in the standings but I dont want to be a jackass and know my self out of my own leage.

Toscano

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Toscano » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Detroit has the problem in trying to get a defensive game plan implemented in a few days. Not going to happen. Very good point.

Toscano

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Toscano » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

My reasoning is that I think there probably will not be a huge difference in points between Cam and Rodgers but the possiblity of Ndamukong Suh having a impact on Rodgers having a off game is greater.

Ted's Cracked Head

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:39 pm

You have to follow your gut. You live and die by your own decisions. If you start Rodgers and Cam goes off, you'll be pissed for not listening to those voices and yes, we all hear those voices.

If you start Cam and Rodgers does what he has done for basically the last 20 games, then you will probably not over think a decision like this EVER again.

If you polled 100 Fantasy players, my guess would be that 99 or more would say to start Rodgers. Does that make them right? Only you can decide.

Personally, Rodgers would not sit unless he was injured, wasn't guaranteed to play more than 1/4 or if the weather was soooo bad that......

Good Luck.

Note: The 99 of 100 number could be lower if one of the individuals polled was your opponent this week.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

Rodgers or Cam

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Rodgers....and you can't even consider Cam IMO.

There is a good chance Carolina jumps out and will just run DeAngelo and Stewart into the ground, because Indy is that bad.

Green Bay and Detroit has all the makings of a shootout, which means it probably won't be. :rolleyes:

Coltsfan

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Rodgers has a higher ceiling but more importantly a much lower floor. This game will be a shoot out. The Colts may not put up much of a fight. I could actually see Deangelo having a decent game. Don't over think it.

Wayne

Toscano

Rodgers or Cam

Post by Toscano » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone. You have talked me down off the ledge. Rodgers it is.