What is up with the people on this site?

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:56 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
In some businesses, you give your clients something for next time (to get them to come back) and that is all I asked for regarding a consolation prize in the $500 draft. You DO want your customers to come back. Some of you simply don't understand how it works it sounds like someone (tirdbird) is calling out Greg :eek: [/QUOTE]Don't try to turn it around like that. I'm not calling out Greg by any means, simply the people that are calling me a "whiner" for asking a question. Asking a question and stating how it "should" be is two different things and asking definatly should not be considered whining....

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:53 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
[qb] Don't try to turn it around like that. I'm not calling out Greg by any means, simply the people that are calling me a "whiner" for asking a question. Asking a question and stating how it "should" be is two different things and asking definatly should not be considered whining.... [/QUOTE]Obviously a reasonable person could read your question or point, disagree with it in a respectful manner and maybe give some points as to why they have a differing opinion. Gekko is not like that. Many people on message boards sort of spiral downward into an abyss where they get rude and abrasive and feed off it like a parasite.

If you were at a mid-season NFFC party and asked the same question to a few guys (gekko included) he would be polite and friendly. But here people like this get some kind of a thrill from disparaging someone. Maybe a self esteem boost, maybe a rush, I am not going to play amateur messgae board psychologist here. He actually has some good fantasy football ideas and could add so much more to the board. Maybe he will change is attitude, who knows. Just do not be surprised when you see that kind of immature hostile behavior here because some seem to need it...

[ December 15, 2006, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:23 am

Renman - do you get a rush out of your imaginary friends? Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:37 am

Originally posted by renman:
Many people on message boards sort of spiral downward into an abyss where they get rude and abrasive and feed off it like a parasite.
You actually made a Good Point Renman

Hmmm ... lets see ... you called me petty, immature and dishonest in this thread alone. I can't wait to see if you have the balls to say this stuff to my face in 2007.

Pst ... You might want to bring a stool.
Hakuna Matata!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:52 am

uh oh. I sniff threadlocks. :eek:

grap. this just dont work without the pic. :mad:

Q

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 am

Ugly,

You guys are not ever going to stop are you? That post was petty and immature. In the past I said "you can't HONESTLY think there is a MASSIVE advantage to drafting from the top of the draft board historically in fantasy football..." You invented this was some attack on how truthful you are when you made up your own context. Wouldn't it be more fun if we all were nice here? I am open to trying, are you?

By the way, I have been to numerous NFFC draft and they always provide adequate seating. Why would I bring a stool?

[ December 15, 2006, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:56 am

Q,

You are right. Once the silly personal threats start the threads get locked up. As they should, this is not a grade school playground is it? Can I paste what you put in your post into my browser to see the pic?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 am

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:13 am

Ren - don't worry, NY will be here before you know it. We (GG, frat bros, renman, imaginary friends) can work out all of our differences in an honest and real format. Have a nice day. Thanks

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:14 am

Now back to my real interest...anyone want to talk football?