2009 NFFC Online Championship League Rules

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Maybe starting out with "All Play" in Weeks 1 and 2 make the best sense. Let me ponder on this one a bit and then update the rules. Interesting. This was my thought as well, Greg. My vote would be for Weeks 1 and 2. [/QUOTE]I second this. Greg you do know I'm trying to cut my Leagues back this year. But this one looks to good to pass up. Weeks 1 and 2 would be best for all team play format.

John

[ April 15, 2009, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:41 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Maybe starting out with "All Play" in Weeks 1 and 2 make the best sense. Let me ponder on this one a bit and then update the rules. Interesting. This was my thought as well, Greg. My vote would be for Weeks 1 and 2. [/QUOTE]I second this. Greg you do know I'm trying to cut my Leagues back this year. But this one looks to good to pass up. Weeks 1 and 2 would be best for all team play format.

John
[/QUOTE]I am leaning towards 1-2 now as well. Give me a little more time to finalize this, however.

Why did the NFL go with three weeks of six teams on bye and then just two teams on bye for Week 10? I can never figure those guys out. Bring on the 18-week regular season boys, or even the 19-week regular season. We're ready for it, even though injuries will be at an ALL-TIME high with 17 or 18 regular season games.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Admiral

Post by Admiral » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:31 am

What exactly is the All-Play format?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 am

ALL PLAY TABER IS WHEN ALL TWELVE TEAMS PLAY AND THE TOP SIX SCORERS FOR THAT WEEK WIN AND THE BOTTOM SIX LOSE.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Just an idea... I'm not married to it...

Picks 1-4 in "A" Division.
Picks 5-8 in "B" Division.
Picks 9-12 in "C" Division.

You play teams in your Division twice. (Wks 1-3, 10-12?) No all play. Picking the weeks for all play each year is going to be a pain and there's no easy way to pick which week to be the fairest.

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..

or... Have 3 Division winners(record) and best 2nd place(points) team play Week 13 and top two scoring teams advance to the finals for weeks 14-16....

I like the latter the more I think about it... Tons of excitement down the stretch.

[ April 19, 2009, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:

You play teams in your Division twice. (Wks 1-3, 10-12?) No all play. Picking the weeks for all play each year is going to be a pain and there's no easy way to pick which week to be the fairest.

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..

or... Have 3 Division winners(record) and best 2nd place(points) team play Week 13 and top two scoring teams advance to the finals for weeks 14-16....

I like the latter the more I think about it... Tons of excitement down the stretch. We have a winner. I've played in Leagues like this, it works well. Just to be clear the first part John posted:

'Picks 1-4 in "A" Division.

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..'

I think this should also be concerned in NBC.

John

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 am

John,

I do like that much better. I'm just not a fan of all play.

Wayne

philpo

Post by philpo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:

I like the latter the more I think about it... Tons of excitement down the stretch. We have a winner. I've played in Leagues like this, it works well. Just to be clear the first part John posted:

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..'

John
[/QUOTE]Not sure I follow under this format wouldn't it make it a 14 week schedule play the 3 teams in your division 2x = 6 games then that leaves 8 more games against the other 2 divisions.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 am

Originally posted by philpo:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Not sure I follow under this format wouldn't it make it a 14 week schedule play the 3 teams in your division 2x = 6 games then that leaves 8 more games against the other 2 divisions.
[/QUOTE]Phil,

Yep, that is correct. That would leave playing 3 teams from the other two Divisions.

John

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:37 am

Originally posted by philpo:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]LOL... Check the time I posted this... It was late...

That would be 14 game schedule...

Is two weeks for the Grand Prize enough?

14 weeks won't leave anyone complaining about getting enough action...

In this case, just top two teams as noted by Greg.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.