2009 NFFC Online Championship League Rules

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:24 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Just an idea... I'm not married to it...

Picks 1-4 in "A" Division.
Picks 5-8 in "B" Division.
Picks 9-12 in "C" Division.

You play teams in your Division twice. (Wks 1-3, 10-12?) No all play. Picking the weeks for all play each year is going to be a pain and there's no easy way to pick which week to be the fairest.

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..

or... Have 3 Division winners(record) and best 2nd place(points) team play Week 13 and top two scoring teams advance to the finals for weeks 14-16....

I like the latter the more I think about it... Tons of excitement down the stretch. I don't like this in a chase for an overall title. It works better for a league when four teams make the playoffs.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
Just an idea... I'm not married to it...

Picks 1-4 in "A" Division.
Picks 5-8 in "B" Division.
Picks 9-12 in "C" Division.

You play teams in your Division twice. (Wks 1-3, 10-12?) No all play. Picking the weeks for all play each year is going to be a pain and there's no easy way to pick which week to be the fairest.

yes, this leaves a 12-game schedule. Just make the finals four weeks instead of three..

or... Have 3 Division winners(record) and best 2nd place(points) team play Week 13 and top two scoring teams advance to the finals for weeks 14-16....

I like the latter the more I think about it... Tons of excitement down the stretch. I don't like this in a chase for an overall title. It works better for a league when four teams make the playoffs.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, no need to load up this thread with new rules changes. The Online Championship is set with the All-Play format and we're rolling along. Thanks for the feedback anyway.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 am

Okay, all 20 dates for the Online Championship have been set up on the Registration page now. Again, our goal is to fill 25 leagues with 12 teams each, 300 total teams. In baseball, demand was so great that we filled up 50 leagues for a total of 600 teams and doubled the overall prize pool, paying out the Top 10 teams and providing a $40,000 grand prize.

We will have one NFFC employee and one MockDraftCentral.com employee running each online draft, so we do not want to overload any date. That's the reasoning behind so many different draft dates. If you see a time and a date that you like, sign up early and secure a spot because we won't hit credit cards until Aug. 15th anyway. This way you'll be guaranteed a spot in that draft and you still won't need to pay us for another four months.

Good luck all. Our final draft date for the Online Championship is 09/09/09 at 9 p.m. EST. I'm not sure what that means, but it sure is interesting!! :D If you're feeling lucky, grab a spot in that one with the NFL Kickoff less than 24 hours away!! Should be a fun, fun season.

Oh, we need someone to be the FIRST official NFFC Online Championship signup. Anyone feel like having that honor for the rest of our competition? ;) Let's GET IT ON!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 am

Here are the NFFC Online Championship draft dates again:

Tuesday, Sept. 1st
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Wednesday, Sept. 2nd
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Thursday, Sept. 3rd
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Sunday, Sept. 6th
1 p.m. EST
4 p.m. EST
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Monday, Sept. 7th
1 p.m. EST
4 p.m. EST
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Tuesday, Sept. 8th
2 p.m. EST
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Wednesday, Sept. 9th
2 p.m. EST
7 p.m. EST
9 p.m. EST

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:45 am

As a sign of respect for a company that sets aside its prizes, I would like to be first.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:27 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
As a sign of respect for a company that sets aside its prizes, I would like to be first. I want first crack at this guy. Put me in a league with him and I'm IN.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 am

I'm slow today (some would say everyday), what is the entry fee for this?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:36 am

Greg - Since there is no Florida Draft this year (totally understandable), put me down for this. I'll decide how many teams & the dates as we get closer....THANKS, John

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:39 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I'm slow today (some would say everyday), what is the entry fee for this? Hi Russ - I believe it's $350 for 1 Team or $950 for 3 buddy....

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
As a sign of respect for a company that sets aside its prizes, I would like to be first. Now that's perfect. Since it's snowing on both of us today Dave – yeah, nothing like an April 20th snow shower in Wisconsin – I will gladly add you as our first official NFFC Online Championship signup. And I don't even want to set aside your money until Aug. 15th!!! :D

Pick out a draft date that works around your FFPC schedule and I'll get you set up with a team. Thanks man. And good luck to you guys and your contest in Year 2.