2009 NFFC Online Championship League Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
As a sign of respect for a company that sets aside its prizes, I would like to be first. I want first crack at this guy. Put me in a league with him and I'm IN. [/QUOTE]Awesome Scott. I'll add you to the date that Dave signs up for. As if you two haven't gone head-to-head enough over the past decade!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:42 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I'm slow today (some would say everyday), what is the entry fee for this? No problem Russ. Cost is $350 per team or $950 for three teams. They are 12-team leagues with a 13-week regular season schedule and we pay $1300 to the team with the most points and $650 to the team with the best h2h record other than the total points champion (total points is the tie-breaker). Those two teams advance to the Championship Round, where they carry their weekly scoring average and add that to their scores in Weeks 14, 15 and 16 for the title. Same format as NFFC Primetime, but with 25 or more leagues involved.

You draft from home on MockDraftCentral.com and sign up for any of seven different draft dates. We'll fill them up, use KDS and 3RR and give away $80,000 or more. Should be a fun, fun competition.

And like I said, our model was for 300 teams and a $20,000 grand prize in baseball, but within the rules we said we'd continue the payout percentage up to 600 teams. Sure enough, we filled up 50 leagues and not only had 600 teams but we could have had 100+ more. We didn't go beyond 600 and now we have a nice format that hopefully will grow in many different ways next year.

Hope this helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Greg - Since there is no Florida Draft this year (totally understandable), put me down for this. I'll decide how many teams & the dates as we get closer....THANKS, John Just join me in Sin City for the live drafts John. :D No problem and I'll save spots for you. Just give me the dates when you're ready and we'll have fun with this. I think with drafts being held the Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after the live events and before the first game on Thursday, we're going to have a lot of fun during that time.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
As a sign of respect for a company that sets aside its prizes, I would like to be first. I want first crack at this guy. Put me in a league with him and I'm IN. [/QUOTE]Awesome Scott. I'll add you to the date that Dave signs up for. As if you two haven't gone head-to-head enough over the past decade!! :D
[/QUOTE]Somehow, I think that is cheating or anti-collusion or unfair or something bad.

But either way, please do put me in Scott's league. I am sure he will overvalue some NY Jet (cough cough Cotchery) or one of the loser rookie RBs in this year's class.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:02 am

Greg, thanks! I just didn't see the EF listed anywhere in the thread among the rules you listed.

This sounds like what I had suggested previously. I'm glad this is taking off. Seems like a nice market for this event.

[ April 20, 2009, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Just Russ ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Greg, thanks! I just didn't see the EF listed anywhere in the thread among the rules you listed.

This sounds like what I had suggested previously. I'm glad this is taking off. Seems like a nice market for this event.

Please put me down for 1 league for now. Yeah, I think we found out in baseball that the price point, the 12-team format and the prize structure appealed to a lot of people. We brought in 200+ new members to baseball, folks who had NEVER played with us before, including NFBC Satellite Leagues. I think NBC Sports/Rotoworld.com did a good job of helping us recruit new members to this format and in time I believe some of those folks will join our live events. This all takes time, but it's a good contest format and a good recruiting program as long as Tom and I do our jobs. ;)

I can save a spot for you, but everyone needs to look at the schedule of events, pick out a date and a time that works for you and then I'll sign you up. We have 20 different draft times, so look over your work/family schedule and just give me the time you'd like to draft. Then we'll see who also wants to compete at that time frame!! We could get 2-4 leagues at that time and then we'll mix all the names up and pick the leagues randomly. As much as Scott wants to compete with Dave, he's going to need the luck of the draw for that to happen. Good luck all.