Counting on Texans and Ravens...Seriously?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Not only is he wrong about the number of players on the roster/bench... but any fantasy player with skill is playing the first few weeks with ONE defense and ONE kicker. . I have MINN and NYG and played NYG this week.

NYG fell way to low and I skillfully prevented others from getting that value.

Feel free to check out Greg's Top 100 post today.
[/QUOTE]Isn't tooting your own horn after week #2 some sort of penalty??? :D :D :D

If there's one thing I know...there has never...ever...been a team that went wire to wire in football. (for example...leading after week #2, and winning the main.)

Gotta love the spirit and unity of all the cliques brain storming with each other...we'll see how it plays out after the bye weeks.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Maybe not winning the Main, but Jules smoked everyone in 2006 during regular season and might have been #1 after Week 2. If not, it was top 5.

Can you imagine the bellyaching if Ike happened on one of those 6-team byes? Head for the hills!

Missed ya at the 'ville this year Lance. Who did you get this year in wcoff?

[ September 17, 2008, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

timmille

Post by timmille » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:28 pm

To "Colstfan": Yea, it ws a little harsh. I was just stirring the pot like we do in my home league. Though I satnd by my comments, they aren't meant to be mean - as much as fun prodding!

To "Bald is Beautiful": I'm in the NBC $1,300 entry-fee, $100,000 contest with 309 teams. We drafted 20 players. I thought everyone had 20 rounds also...

To "Renman": Sorry, but I don't subscribe to your theories. I draft back-ups - i.e. I don't draft injury flyers praying for a lucky RD 1 pick to get injured. You're style has it's problems, and you have officially learned your lesson.

To "Tamuscarecrow": Good luck next week. Maybe your guy will score enough to make up for your week 2 goose egg!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Not only is he wrong about the number of players on the roster/bench... but any fantasy player with skill is playing the first few weeks with ONE defense and ONE kicker. . I have MINN and NYG and played NYG this week.

[/QUOTE]Isn't tooting your own horn after week #2 some sort of penalty??? :D :D :D

If there's one thing I know...there has never...ever...been a team that went wire to wire in football. (for example...leading after week #2, and winning the main.)

Gotta love the spirit and unity of all the cliques brain storming with each other...we'll see how it plays out after the bye weeks.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Maybe not winning the Main, but Jules smoked everyone in 2006 during regular season and might have been #1 after Week 2. If not, it was top 5.

Can you imagine the bellyaching if Ike happened on one of those 6-team byes? Head for the hills!

[/QUOTE]I know she wasn't #1 after week 2. ;)

She took over the top spot after week 6, and never looked back the rest of the regular season.

Josh Ferenc is the only one to ever lead at the end of the regular season AND win the 100K (2005).

"JUST GET THERE" (the championship round) is my motto. Anything can (and does) happen in the last 3 weeks.

[ September 17, 2008, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:30 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...uhm, how does one scratch and claw for extra points when they're forced (that's RIGHT - forced) to take a ZERO at the position of K/DEF due to Hurricane Ike and Roger Goddel?...SNAKE [/QUOTE]And to bitch all weekend about two screwed teams and then find out you benefited in a league and never mentioned it once shows your true colors, yet once again, like we really needed a reminder.
[/QUOTE]...in response to this "true colours" post of yours above, SNAKE is really ready and willing to move on here Billyboy but just in case you missed it, this is The Serpent's post from another thread here;
[/QUOTE]Uhm..... I think you are referring to John, with the "true colors" statement, as if you read it again, he said it... not me.

This is now the 3RD consecutive day where you have brought my name into a post, where it was totally unnecessary. :mad:

Do you really think this all is going to stop, Greg????

[ September 17, 2008, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:16 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I know she wasn't #1 after week 2. ;)

She took over the top spot after week 6, and never looked back the rest of the regular season.

Josh Ferenc is the only one to ever lead at the end of the regular season AND win the 100K (2005).

"JUST GET THERE" (the championship round) is my motto. Anything can (and does) happen in the last 3 weeks. 1. I did try and look it up :D
2. About an hour after my reply to Lance, I remembered that you were #1 after Week 2 and had a post at the time saying something like it was a long season.
3. Just get there is correct.

Happy to see Gus take over. This should help out Rice in the long run.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

~Lance

"JUST GET THERE" (the championship round) is my motto. Anything can (and does) happen in the last 3 weeks.
[/QUOTE]BWaz, thank you again for suggesting the prize for Regular Season champ!!! And thanks for the NFFC for listening!
@RedRyder

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

~Lance

[/QUOTE]BWaz, thank you again for suggesting the prize for Regular Season champ!!! And thanks for the NFFC for listening!
[/QUOTE]No problem at all Jules!

I have ALWAYS thought the regular season champ deserved SOMETHING, as leading after 13 weeks is quite a feat. The way you did it (dominating the field) is EXTRAORDINARY!

Hope I can be in that position some day! ;)

renman

Post by renman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 am

This thread reminds me of why I stopped posting regularly long ago.