Maroney ALREADY out???

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:17 am

Now it appears he will play (until 12:30 on Sunday when Belicheck declares him inactive).

Laurence Maroney-RB-Patriots Oct. 17 - 9:08 pm et

The Associated Press writes that Laurence Maroney is likely to return in Week 7 against the Dolphins.

Maroney reportedly ran well in a limited practice Wednesday. In one version of an AP article linked below, the writer says Maroney will not play this week. It appears to be an editing error, though, because other versions of the article say Maroney is likely to play. The local Boston papers also believe Maroney will return.

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:44 am

billy - u are losing credibility. check your sources next time :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 am

Hey, I'm not the one that took Maroney in round 1.

So you think he is a lock to play?

[ October 18, 2007, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 am

For the Colts sake, I hope Maroney play this weekend. I like his chances of getting dinged again prior to Nov. 4th if that happens.

Great talent who can't stay on the field.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:51 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Hey, I'm not the one that took Maroney in round 1.

So you think he is a lock to play? you took a bigger injury risk than maroney, an "adp" rb, on a bad team, in a bad system.

i took the supposed lead rb on an offense that i thought would be one of the best (if not the best) in the nfl).

over time, my system will win out, just not this year, at least not yet :D

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:23 am

Yeah, I have been hearing rumors for weeks that Gore was going to be in a coffin. ;)

An "adp" RB??? He fell to me at 8! I didn't have the opportunity at getting Westbrook or Bush (two I targeted there), and honestly, he was CLEARLY the best option.

A bad team, and a bad system??? EVERYTHING was pointing in SF's direction to be MUCH improved this year. The O-line, getting D-Jax, V. Davis in 2nd year, Alex Smith in 2nd year, etc. Gore was PHENOMENAL last year. Are you going to tell me you predicted that SF would be WORSE offensively this year?

The only reason you can say that about Gore being a bigger risk is because of his ACL tear (3?) years ago. Obviously, he handled a monster workload last year, so not sure that still earns him the label of "injury risk". Besides, (and you know this), there are certain spots where you CAN'T pass up a player, even if there are injury concerns. Gore at 8 fell into that category. He certainly wasn't a player I was targeting, but I couldn't let him slip.

Maroney was the one who missed 2 games last year with only 175 carries. And I am pretty sure he was banged up the majority of his college career.

Like Wayne said... "Great talent who can't stay on the field"

Don't sweat it Mark. I made mistakes this year too, and like you, I know what I did, and will be "new and improved" next year! :D

[ October 18, 2007, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:29 am

Yeah, I have been hearing rumors for weeks that Gore was going to be in a coffin. ;)

An "adp" RB??? He fell to me at 8! I didn't have the opportunity at getting Westbrook or Bush (two I targeted there), and honestly, he was CLEARLY the best option.

A bad team, and a bad system??? EVERYTHING was pointing in SF's direction to be MUCH improved this year. The O-line, getting D-Jax, V. Davis in 2nd year, Alex Smith in 2nd year, etc. Gore was PHENOMENAL last year. Are you going to tell me you predicted that SF would be WORSE offensively this year?

The only reason you can say that about Gore being a bigger risk is because of his ACL tear (3?) years ago. Obviously, he handled a monster workload last year, so not sure that still earns him the label of "injury risk". Besides, (and you know this), there are certain spots where you CAN'T pass up a player, even if there are injury concerns. Gore at 8 fell into that category. He certainly wasn't a player I was targeting, but I couldn't let him slip.

Maroney was the one who missed 2 games last year with only 175 carries. And I am pretty sure he was banged up the majority of his college career.

Like Wayne said... "Great talent who can't stay on the field" That quote is from Russ :D

I'd have jumped for joy if Gore fell to me at 1.08.

No way was I touching Maroney in the 1st.

I was estatic to get Rudi @1.13 since he was a rock. Now, the "rock" is at the bottom of the lake. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:35 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Like Wayne said... "Great talent who can't stay on the field" That quote is from Russ :D

I'd have jumped for joy if Gore fell to me at 1.08.

No way was I touching Maroney in the 1st.

I was estatic to get Rudi @1.13 since he was a rock. Now, the "rock" is at the bottom of the lake. :D
[/QUOTE]Sorry, I will give you props with that quote Russ. :D

I looked back and saw what else were realistic options to me at 1.8.....

Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry
Rudi Johnson

Although I wanted Bush or Westbrook, I think Gore (as poor as he is playing) is definitely better than the other options I had.

Especially in hindsight. ;)

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 am

i'm not sweating anything. i took the player i wanted to take and will do so everytime. if an "adp" player makes sense, i'll take them. if they don't i won't.

as for gore, i had him regressing this year (quite a bit actually). a broken hand in july/august couldn't help him. and coming into the season, i think he's had an operation on every part of his body. he even got a KCH implant. ;)

now enough of this, gore is already in the coffin and maroney is nailing it shut, beginning this week :D

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:44 am

And I am pretty sure he was banged up the majority of his college career.
last year of college he had 280+ carries. i've told u this b4, but why let the truth stop you :D