Maroney ALREADY out???

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
on a side note, GG will be talking about Maroney next year the way he talks about Gore now. i don't think the Pats offense is going anywhere with mr brady around. on the other side, SF has been a wasteland for years now [/QUOTE]The SF may suck, but Gore gets ALL the carries. They were a wasteland last year, and he put up some nice numbers.

Morris has CLEARLY been NE's best fantasy RB to date, yet he has LESS points than Gore, and has one more game. How can that be when he is the best RB on the best offense in football??? :confused:

Oh yeah, fantasy football is about the individual and their opportunities. :rolleyes:

Why all the hate for Gore? While I was hardly a Gore fan coming into this season, put yourself in my shoes.... who besides Maroney (which obviously wouldn't have worked out for you) would you have taken in my position? LT, LJ, S-Jax, Bush, Addai, Westbrook, and Parker off the board. Gore is outperforming any of the other 1st round RB's that were even an option for me (Alexander & Rudi, Henry is actually .2 ahead of Gore, but I think I would rather have Frankie than Bob Marley's cousin going forward! ;) )

Basically if you don't have LT, LJ, Addai, or Westbrook (Bush is coming on), your first round RB is struggling.

[ October 18, 2007, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
With Mr Brady around, why do they need to run?

See boxscore last week. you gotta admit, for trying to sound educated, this post came off sounding like you don't have a clue about the stats. just an observation at this point
[/QUOTE]You forgot to read this...

"And, they are 4th, not first in rushing attempts. Now don't try and sell me I should count their extra game played over Tenn, Pitt and Oak, all of whom had byes already and average more attempts."

How many times are you going to tell me NE is first in attempts when they are not?

Yep, you still need to do the triple lundy edit on your posts and make sure you sort the stats correctly.

Quit waffling the stats and sort by att/game, or get back to me after NE bye Week 11.

I always enjoy the stuff you don't quote and comment on more. It's more telling. LOL. (See AP post)
[/QUOTE]check page 2 of this thread einstein. i posted your bolded part. man, you need some training in fact checking

now go ahead and make another uneducated post
[/QUOTE]That's pretty funny because the last part of your post on page 2 was not in the article I read when I cut and pasted it later.

And I don't doubt that it was in the article from the source you got it from. Different sites always take AP stories and use what they have space for.

So I didn't even think I was quoting something you had already posted.

Lance, shut your drunken pie hole. GG and I are having a little fun this afternoon.

NE didn't use the running game to destroy DALL last week. 50% of their attempts, and 70% of their rushing yards came after the game was decided. Brady does not need a running game to do well.

I was having some fun with GG. Go back to your bottle.

[ October 18, 2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:25 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Oh yeah, fantasy football is about the individual and their opportunities. :rolleyes:

i woulda also included things that are out of the control of the individual, like offensive coordinators, what other players are around him (this is esp important when talking about a running back, whereas the offensive line is paramount), etc...

from your statement above, i guess you don't consider them important.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:27 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Yep, you still need to do the triple lundy edit on your posts and make sure you sort the stats correctly.Popular mistake: despite everyone's love for Wali's nickname, Rodney's dive in Back to School was actually called the Triple LINDY.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8ltN8obCk

Not good quality, but the only one with the necessary audio.

Here's a better video, but without the complete audio track:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8zLSGvV454&mod ... ed&search=

Remember, you're a Melon!

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 pm

now billy, enough of being the maroney injury fairy. save the fairy work for FG
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Found these other clips from Back to School. Absolute comic masterpiece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQnAhSzb4gY&mod ... ed&search=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfi4s8cjLFI&mod ... ed&search=

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:35 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

i woulda also included things that are out of the control of the individual, like offensive coordinators, what other players are around him (this is esp important when talking about a running back, whereas the offensive line is paramount), etc...

from your statement above, i guess you don't consider them important.
[/QUOTE]Of course I considered it important Gekko and that is why I didn't draft Maroney! ;)

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:37 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Yep, you still need to do the triple lundy edit on your posts and make sure you sort the stats correctly.Popular mistake: despite everyone's love for Wali's nickname, Rodney's dive in Back to School was actually called the Triple LINDY.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8ltN8obCk

Not good quality, but the only one with the necessary audio.

Here's a better video, but without the complete audio track:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8zLSGvV454&mod ... ed&search=

Remember, you're a Melon!
[/QUOTE]thanks....was using the FB spelling...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 pm

now billy, enough of being the maroney injury fairy. save the fairy work for FG Not being the "injury fairy". My point is if Maroney even if he PLAYED he wouldn't be worthy of a first round selection (due to all the factors we talked about ad nauseum).

Obviously you are going to "go down with your ship", and while that is loyal, I am in the camp of admitting a mistake.

Hope he doesn't return for a while, as you and I could both benefit with Faulk. :D

King of Queens

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Which of these events is most likely to occur in the year 2010:

(1) BillyWaz vs. Snake VI
(2) further discussion on Maroney vs. Gore in 2007
(3) renman vs. the torch n' pitchfork crew
(D) SNAKE XXI makes his message board debut
(5) KOTRAX types in all lowercase letters
(6) President Hillary denies having sexual relations "with that man...Mr. Ambrosius"