Commish Big D (Marc Quitsch)

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Diesel,

I think it's a very competitive, well balanced team. Every team has a soft spot and yours is definitely at RB3. What would typically be your starting lineup is strong but you have quite a few players on the bench that probably won't contribute without an injury (or 2.)

Overall I do like the team better than most.

Wayne

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:33 pm

I like your QB plays Marc, but for this format you are woefully thin at WR.

And you totally wasted two roster spots on Chris Perry and Antonio Bryant.

I should have pushed you higher on Droughns, but hindsight is always 20-20 (and in fact if the site was easier to use or I had a partner to track the draft, I might have been able to do that and correct the one player I couldn't find.)

[ August 01, 2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Captain Hook ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Hook, you don't think anyone is going to sign A. Bryant? Perry was a mistake on my part. Bryant was a gamble. I would think every team is going to have at LEAST 1-2 guys that do almost nothing. So what the hell? lol

Thanks Wayne...With buying Jacobs AND Droughns, and T.Henry AND M.Bell, I thought I could leave my RB3 alone. With Alstott and Haynes, I thought I would get a few of their usual 3rd down TD's, and hopefully get them when my team needs it the most.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:39 pm

Also, Hook, I was SWEATING it whe you and I were bidding on Droughns. You were the only one in the league that could haveoutbid me there, and you were bidding with me. I bid every extra dollar I had left on him.

The one guy I had to give up to get Droughns was Kevin Curtis. I thought he would have helped my team, but I NEEDED RB insurance more than anything.

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Diesel,
Again, great job. I don't know if your team can win it all or not but it should not be difficult to whoop my woefully pathetic team. Last night was a learning curve for me. Some things I learned: Bidding $73 for LT cost me a lot of players I would have liked to have. The other thing I learned is that I can probably count on beating Snake's team time and again.....I found the whole BillyWaz vs Snake diatribe entertaining and appreciated BillyWaz taking one for the team so that I could guarantee that I wouldn't be sucking hind tit in the league. :)
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Steeler, thanks for the bump...Make sure Greg and Tom know about it...Maybe I can quit my day job...LMAO

This will be my 3rd year doing auctions, solo, and I still can't understand how the top RB's go for 70's. It's one third of your team. I TOTALLY undertand high 50's or very low 60's, but 70's? You're stuck with bargain players for most of the rest of the draft. It's a tough hole to get out of, after getting LT2, LJ, S.Jx,Gore...etc...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 pm

Diesel,

We drafted Gore last night but backed him up with quality upside receivers like Branch, Coles, Curtis, Welker, Jennings, and Berrian.

Also, I very much appreciate you giving up on Kevin Curtis. He was right in the middle of our radar!!!

Wayne

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:10 pm

2007 - wager offer is on the table

I say top 20 in Tampa location.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Snake,

Statistically it would very difficult to do better than 2005 or worst than 2006. :D

Wayne