Javon Walker - knee surgery

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:18 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Snake II,

Please tell Snake I that he either needs a hug, or to not hang out with KOTRAX.

That last post... sheez! :D HEY BILLY HOW DID I GET PULLED IN THIS? BESIDES WHAT IS WRONG WITH HANGING OUT WITH ME. :D
[/QUOTE]It is because Snake was writing in all caps.

No harm intended, just having some fun.
[/QUOTE]I KNOW BILLY I WAS JUST HAVING FUN TOO.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:22 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
It's easy to say now with 20-20 hindsight that Walker was too risky to draft. And to those who avoided him, you definitely made the right call. However, I talked to people out in Denver frequently about him this summer and they all thought he was looking sensational in camp - even after the minor knee issue came up. And then he was an absolute monster in the first two games. Clearly, looking back now that was just false hope but all you can do at the time of your drafts is process the information you have and make your best judgment.

Based on all the info I had gathered, Javon Walker was poised for a huge year. Certainly, the first two games pointed him in that direction.

Injuries happen. It sucks but they happen. Rudi Johnson and Marvin Harrison never get hurt. Well look what's happened to them this season. Andre Johnson's season looks like it will mirror Walker's.

I commend the people who say they thought Walker was too risky and avoided him. But a lot of people - myself included - avoided Randy Moss because his risk factor was so high and that decision clearly hasn't panned out. Sometimes you make the right call and sometimes you don't. In my main league, I made the right call with Adrian Peterson, taking him at least a one round before his ADP said he should go. In four leagues - including all three of the leagues I really care about - I made the wrong call with Javon Walker.

S**t happens. Now it's onto Plan B with the hope that maybe that plan will provide enough production to win. HEY TOM. YOU ARE RIGHT. LIKE YOU SAID WITH HARRISON AND RUDI THEY GOT INJURED AND IT WAS BAD LUCK. IN MY OPINION I DON'T AN INJURY REPRESENTS A "WRONG CALL." LETS TAKE SOME ONE LIKE COLTSON AND THOMAS JONES. SOME ONE WHO IS CLEARLY NOT INJURED AND NOT PRODUCING. LUCKILY LAST GAME IS COLSTON'S ONLY CATCH WAS A TD. TO ME A WRONG CALL IS WHEN A PLAYERS PLAYS AND CAN'T GET IT CRANKING.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am

Surgeon says Walker is out for 6 weeks after surgery. Attention all Walker owners!! Better drop him like he's hot.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:49 am

yeah, :rolleyes: six weeks would put him on someone else's roster for the playoffs

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 am

We'll see how well he plays when he returns.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
We'll see how well he plays when he returns. Seriously.

If he truly is out 6 weeks, it's not like he is going to "hit the ground running" and catch 9-120 and a TD.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:10 pm

Thank you Billy. That's the point that I was trying to make.