Frank Gore Or A Stud WR? What Says You?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Frank Gore, with Mike Singletary running the show? Hmmm. It reminds me of Buddy Ryan and his "Buddy Ball" plan...lol...I can't remember...How did that work out?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Primetime: Wayne/Calvin (almost assured of getting a premier RB at Pick #25)

KOQ..who's you PREMIER RB at 25??

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:30 pm

I will just hope I am not in this position...however I recall sitting on the backend of an early High Stakes contest where everything was mapped out in my playbook. I was so prepared for my big entry into High Stakes Fantasy Football.

As I sat there all set to grab Ricky Williams, Deuce or a guy you may have heard of, LT and be set for Fantasy Glory, a funny thing happened...

Two players I never expected fell to me, now understand they weren't my top choices, I never even bothered with them because they couldn't ever see me at the back of the draft but low and behold here they were so what could I do?! Take the value you say? Well I did... and the rest they say is history.

The year was 2002 and my first two selections because of the 'value' were Curtis Martin and Eddie George. :eek: :(
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:57 am

Originally posted by kentuckyreign:
Primetime: Wayne/Calvin (almost assured of getting a premier RB at Pick #25)

KOQ..who's you PREMIER RB at 25?? Very good chance that Portis and/or Jacobs are sitting there at #25. Pair the RB with a Tier 1/2 combo at WR and...

CHAMPIONSHIP!!**

** assuming everyone stays healthy and all three of your top picks have career years :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I will just hope I am not in this position...however I recall sitting on the backend of an early High Stakes contest where everything was mapped out in my playbook. I was so prepared for my big entry into High Stakes Fantasy Football.

As I sat there all set to grab Ricky Williams, Deuce or a guy you may have heard of, LT and be set for Fantasy Glory, a funny thing happened...

Two players I never expected fell to me, now understand they weren't my top choices, I never even bothered with them because they couldn't ever see me at the back of the draft but low and behold here they were so what could I do?! Take the value you say? Well I did... and the rest they say is history.

The year was 2002 and my first two selections because of the 'value' were Curtis Martin and Eddie George. :eek: :( I saw that play out last year in the Primetime draft. Brady kept falling and falling until the middle of the 2nd Rd. the owner joked " did Brady get hurt between drafts or something" and took him. We all know how it played out...

Be flexible but take the guys you LIKE over value IMO.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BorderBrat

Post by BorderBrat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 am

Looks like I'll be living the dream on this one.

Two nights ago in a Satellite, with 13th pick took Calvin. Fitz, Andre, Moss AND R White all were gone.

At 16 I took Gore - passing over Jennings Smith and Boldin.

I think Calvin/Gore is not a bad combo - we'll see

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 am

Hey BONG hitter, I fell prey to the same situation that year. Except there I sat at 2.11 primed to take Harrison, who went right in front of me, leaving C-Mart still sitting there. Wish I passed on him too, D'OH!

Anyways, I'm not nearly endeared to Gore as most seem to be so I would let "him" slide, take my WR of choice, and perhaps some other quality runner in round 2 such as Portis, Barber, Jacobs, or dare I say, Westy.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 am

Steve Smith's shoulder injury certainly makes this decision even more interesting.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich