BIGGEST Wildcard of the Draft?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 am

Billy, I'm curious of your thoughts on Calvin if you will?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:15 am

Big ?'s - Have to say Marshall and Bush are at the top of the list. I had Bush last year and died with him. Drafted him again in a satellite this year, will take him late 3rd in the main event if he makes it back to me (pick 4, so in 3RR he has to last a LONG time to get back to me).

Just did the WCOFF Super Satellite. I know it is a full PPR, but getting Michael Turner at 2.1 seemed like he fell toooooo farrrr... Thoiughts?

Pete

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Big ?'s - Have to say Marshall and Bush are at the top of the list. I had Bush last year and died with him. Drafted him again in a satellite this year, will take him late 3rd in the main event if he makes it back to me (pick 4, so in 3RR he has to last a LONG time to get back to me).

Just did the WCOFF Super Satellite. I know it is a full PPR, but getting Michael Turner at 2.1 seemed like he fell toooooo farrrr... Thoiughts?

Pete Unless your league mates know something I do not (which is possible, of course), looks like you got an easy early first rounder at the top of the second, PPR or not.
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Billy, I'm curious of your thoughts on Calvin if you will? ...hey Russ - Patrick (God Loves You) has a bigger crush on this kat than I do on Handsome Tommy...btw, I could indeed be wrong but I believe that Billy is in his one week prior to DD silent mode pertaining to player opinions/strategies and evaluations...GK [/QUOTE]Pretty funny someone would ask my thoughts and not return the favor. :rolleyes:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 am

Russ,

Sorry as I have been VERY busy before I leave tomorrow to Chicago.

To put it straight, I think Calvin Johnson is the most talented WR in the NFL. While he doesn't have a QB like Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald, he showed last year that he can get it done with ANYONE at QB.

You said, that teams will be able to gameplan on how to stop him this year, but I simply ask "who were they trying to stop LAST year"?? :confused:
And please don't say Roy Williams, as Calvin's numbers were as good (if not better) when Roy left for Dallas.

If anything, the additions of Brandon Pettigrew and Bryant Johnson might be "just enough" to take the pressure off him, and he could even be better!

So are you comin to Chicago???

[ September 02, 2009, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am

I knew I'd get you to talk! :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:42 am

Still waiting for the baby update. Wife goes to Dr. tomorrow morning, so I'll post an update here.

I agree 100% about Calvin's WR ability.

Gameplanning for a week, versus an entire year are 2 different things. Now that he's shown he can do it, they MUST gameplan for him.

If Defenses weren't able to adjust, then Manning would still be tossing 40+ TDs/yr after the 2004 season.

Don't get me wrong, if Calvin is there for us @1.12 we will certainly consider him. But he does come with some risk to consider IMO.

Good luck, safe travels, and I hope to see you in Chitown!

botherk

Post by botherk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:46 am

Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

Pete Unless your league mates know something I do not (which is possible, of course), looks like you got an easy early first rounder at the top of the second, PPR or not.
[/QUOTE]Where are you from again, Wayne? :D
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz