New York For The Super Bowl??

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu May 27, 2010 3:41 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
you can play an afc or nfc championship game in a cold weather city but not a super bowl ? new orleans is a party town but dont get so drunk that you cant tell the transvestites. as far as not being able to fly in i dont think thats a problem. you got as much chance of that as a new orleans guy not able to get online due to storms for the nffc contest in sept. i just think the new orleans guys are pissed they have to swim in there indoor pools this year. :D Frank,

I swear I nearly **** myself reading your posts! :D

Keep em coming! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 27, 2010 8:52 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
[QB] I think the NFL should follow the precedent they set with the NFL draft Wow Glenn, for a second there I thought you were going to say we should spread the Super Bowl over three days!! :D Have the first half on Friday night, the third quarter on Saturday and the fourth quarter on Sunday. :D Hey, don't put it past Goodell, he may just play it that way some day if TV ratings are helped.

The funny thing about having the Super Bowl in New York is that most decisions made by Goodell are for the good of TV ratings. He could care less about the fans in the seats. Trust me, this Super Bowl will look FANTASTIC in cold weather. It will be a blast to watch as humans freeze their tushes off in New York in February. But it won't present the best game environment for the game's biggest and most important game and quite possibly the best team won't win.

When the NFL started having December night games in places like Green Bay or the NFC Championship Game in Green Bay during the night time slot instead of the afternoon time slot, I knew they only cared about ratings. The fans can pull through or just scalp their tickets!! No worries on Roger's part.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu May 27, 2010 9:03 am

greg , they can sell them to me. if my son and i can go to green bay in 5 degrees ( remember) to see the jets/ packers i can sit thru a super bowl. we had a blast at your tailgate. it will work out fine.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 27, 2010 9:21 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
greg , they can sell them to me. if my son and i can go to green bay in 5 degrees ( remember) to see the jets/ packers i can sit thru a super bowl. we had a blast at your tailgate. it will work out fine. Hey, that was a warm day in Green Bay, remember? Besides, we know how to drink enough to stay warm. I'm not sure all of the Super Bowl groupies know what we know, right Frankie? :D But I agree, sell me a ticket to that game and I'll party with you, your son and King of Queens, who I KNOW is going to find a way to go to that game. ;)

Still, Packers in Super Bowl XXXI in New Orleans is as good as it gets. Tom and I were both there. You can host it in New Orleans every year as far as I'm concerned. The best.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

This is exactly what I was afraid of: Now Goodell says more cold weather Super Bowls could be on the way. From the Associated Press:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says the success of the 2014 Super Bowl slated for Meadowlands Stadium will determine whether more championships are played at undomed cold-weather sites.

Goodell spoke at commencement ceremonies Saturday for the University of Massachusetts Lowell, where he accepted an honorary doctorate for his father, the late Sen. Charles E. Goodell of New York.

The commissioner was introduced by Robert Kraft and stood with the New England owner after the ceremony. The Patriots play outside at Gillette Stadium.

On Tuesday, the league awarded the 2014 championship to the new $1.6 billion home of the Jets and Giants.

Kraft, who supported the decision, said "the elements should be part of the game." Kraft introduced Goodell, saying, "He's a poster child for the saying, 'Be nice to your interns -- you may end up working for them.' "

Goodell has been working for the NFL since 1981, when he was hired for what was supposed to be a three-month internship.

"New York is a very unique opportunity for us," Goodell said. "It's the largest media market and home to two NFL teams. Let's see how the success is in New York and we'll go from there."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm not sure we have a lot for all of you to do here before the game, but Super Bowl VX could easily be hosted at Lambeau Field in Green Bay now that the cherry has been broken. :D Bring it on Mr. Goodell. Let's REALLY have an outdoors Super Bowl here in Wisconsin!! :D

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat May 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that every NFL city should get a SB? A 32 year rotation would do the trick. I would list them based on performance over the past decade, set the schedule and forget about it. Expansion teams and teams that move would go to the back of the list.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 30, 2010 1:52 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
Am I the only one who thinks that every NFL city should get a SB? A 32 year rotation would do the trick. I would list them based on performance over the past decade, set the schedule and forget about it. Expansion teams and teams that move would go to the back of the list. Yes, I think you are the only one who thinks that way Rob!! :D A Super Bowl at Lambeau Field in February would be crazy. But hosting a Super Bowl in a town of 100,000 would be ludicrous and boring.

I think the players also want to play in warm weather sites for the Super Bowl. I found it interesting that this week's Sports Illustrated noted that Kellen Winslow still has lingering ailments (likely frostbite) from the 1982 AFC Championship Game in Cincinnati when the wind chill was 59 below. Keep the Super Bowl where it's warm and the winning teams and fans can be rewarded. Just my two cents.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun May 30, 2010 3:00 am

first i think goodell was just just saying that to kraft cause he was in a bad spot with him. in the most part warm weather cities are the best. but every 5 years go to nyc , boston , philly , wash dc. dont need clev or pitt. just a select few every 5 years or so.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN