Coltsfan

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:25 am

As of today it's probably a short list.

Ladainian
Westbrook
Peterson
Addai

These are the only running backs averaging over 16 points per game that aren't injured or out for the year. It's a crowded field from there on down. McGahee and Barber are probably leading the rest of the pack.

Wayne

da bears

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by da bears » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 am

Good list Wayne. If this trend continues its going to be a very interesting first round next year...with 4 or 5 wrs and a qb maybe going in the first round next year.
Bauler Shot Caller

KOTRAX

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:41 am

THE INTERESTING THING ABOUT THIS IS THAT ADDAI MAY GET BUMPED OFF THIS LIST. AS KEITH IS GETTING ALOT OF TOUCHES IN THIS OFFENSE. HE EVEN GOT A SCORE LAST NIGHT. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON IT LOOKED LIKE 95% ADDAI. NOW I WILL SAY IT IS GOING TO BE ABOUT 70/30. LIKE ADDAI AND RHODES LAST YEAR.

pizzatyme

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 am

KOT, even with that I think Addai will stay healthy, which goes a long way towards making the stud list this year.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Coltsfan

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:49 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
KOT, even with that I think Addai will stay healthy, which goes a long way towards making the stud list this year. Very True!

Westbrook is so good that he can miss a 2-3 games and still be one of the top backs. LT is just in a class by himself.

I got an email from the Huddle yesterday and they were speaking of Adrian Peterson and made the comment that he is a very good RB2. They must be referring to 3 person fantasy leagues. This guy is easily one of the best.

Wayne

KOTRAX

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:53 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
KOT, even with that I think Addai will stay healthy, which goes a long way towards making the stud list this year. YEAH I THINK HE STAYS HEALTHY ALSO. YEAH YOU ARE RIGHT RUSS IF YOU CAN AT LEAST DO THAT YOU ARE KNOCKING ON THE STUD LIST. IT IS JUST THAT THE COLTS DON'T HAVE TO LEAN SO HEAVY ON ADDAI WITH KEITH PLAYING WELL. SO HIS FANTASY NUMBERS WILL DIP AS A RESULT.

mkrucek

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by mkrucek » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
KOT, even with that I think Addai will stay healthy, which goes a long way towards making the stud list this year. Very True!

Westbrook is so good that he can miss a 2-3 games and still be one of the top backs. LT is just in a class by himself.

I got an email from the Huddle yesterday and they were speaking of Adrian Peterson and made the comment that he is a very good RB2. They must be referring to 3 person fantasy leagues. This guy is easily one of the best.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Perhaps it was written by Brad Childress. He seems to be the only one that can stop Peterson. Does he understand that he is better off putting the ball in Peterson's hands instead of Jackson's?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Inf4life

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Inf4life » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:00 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Perhaps it was written by Brad Childress. He seems to be the only one that can stop Peterson. Does he understand that he is better off putting the ball in Peterson's hands instead of Jackson's?
[/QUOTE]I think you can say the same thing about Norv Turner and LT.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

pizzatyme

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 am

As a Colts fan, I rather see this:

Addai x 75% of the RB #s x 15 games and playoffs

Than this:

Addai x 95% of the RB #s x 12 or 13 games and injured.

Even at 70-75% of the #s, I think that usually gets the Colts RB easily within the top 10 and pretty close to the top 5.

pizzatyme

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:03 am

As a football fan first, it is just fun to watch AP do what he does. Especially knowing that when he is in he is likely getting the ball.

Childress will be gone sooner than later if he continues to be hard-headed about this!