2007 Running Back Studs

renman

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by renman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 am

I think I came on this board in week 2 or 3 whining about something weird and special going on with the Pats and the Brady-Moss connection. I saw Bill Simmons (funny ESPN writer) talking about this last week calling it the "pats big eff you" to the NFL. He implied it was something to do with how hard the NFL and everyone around it came down on the Pats for the videotape incident. His point is the Pats are now going to ram their dominance down the throats of everyone...

anyone who does not have a Patriot (and I purposely avoided them all outside of Brady and unfortunately never was able to get Brady) will now be rooting for blizzards in New England during post season weeks...

richieprimo

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by richieprimo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I too think that the Colts and every other team in the NFL will struggle containing the Patriots attack. Take away Moss running deep and Welker, Watson and Stallworth will eat you alive. Tempt Brady to go to Moss with single coverage and you will pay. Add in a rested Maroney down the stretch and you have a prolific attack.

The only possible equalizer is the weather and the Colts/Pats game will be played in the dome.

The toughest question that week is how many points the Pats will be laying on the road vs the undefeated SB Champs. Now that is wild. It's a great point, Rob. I don't EVER remember seeing an undefeated, defending SB Champion getting points at home, EVER. But injuries aside this may be the first time. As to the outcome of the game, the Colts will surely try to put together long, sustained drives to keep Brady and Co. off the field as much as possible. Even that may not matter the way the Pats are scoring. One way or the other, it's gonna be SOME game to watch. This is the REAL version of "Getcha Popcorn Ready." ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

CC's Desperados

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
The toughest question that week is how many points the Pats will be laying on the road vs the undefeated SB Champs. Now that is wild. I agree Rob.

However, barring major injuries this week to either team, I see the line starting out at Patriots -3 or 3.5.
[/QUOTE]The Patriot will open up 10+ points favorites. Vegas is taking a beating when they play.

boutrous11

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am

Next year's top 5 picks:

1. LT
2. Brady
3. Peterson
4. Moss
5. Westbrook

Route Collectors

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:14 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
At least you will be watching it live. You will be all geared up to prove you are the best team in league. When The game is over, you will be saying "Wow New England could be the best team of time".

With Harrison banged up, you won't be able to trade point with them. Shawn...why are you hatin on my Colts...I thought we were cool. ;)

I'll gladly be one of the few...one of the proud...Colts all day baby. Brady won't be so calm with Freeney in his chest. Don't forget it was Dungy's Tampa 2 that shut down the greatest show on turf in the 99 c-ship game. Bucs lost but the Rams only scored 11 pts after averaging 50 at home that year. :eek:

BillyWaz

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:14 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Next year's top 5 picks:

1. LT
2. Brady
3. Peterson
4. Moss
5. Westbrook followed by (or mixed in with) A. Peterson, L. Johnson, etc.

As good as Moss has been, I can't see a WR in the top 5. It seems like a LONG time since that has happened. (Ironically I think it was Moss who was last a consensus top 5 WR).

kapefear

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by kapefear » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:26 am

TOfellow football fanatics.....BEEN INVOLVED IN FF FOOTBALL AND GAMBLING FOR A LONGGGGG TIME.i POSTED pats -2.5 VS. colts. defending superbowl champs,undefeated and on the carpet. At NE that would be 8.5.. that is fair.. I KNOW THE LOCAL BOOKS have been getting killed,but getting 3.5 OR MORE AT HOME??? THE REAL ????????? IS WHAT IS THE TOTAL?? 68.5......... FINAL SCORE pats 38- indy 31...... next years top 3, LT, ADRIAN PETERSON,TOM BRADY........

Steel Curtain

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 am

I think the only way to beat the Pats is to somehow get Brady on the run. Heck, SNAKE could look like a great QB with the time the O-line is giving Brady. If you can somehow disguise your blitzes so that Brady can't figure them out fast enough, you may have a shot. You remember how the Steelers beat the Colts in the 95 playoffs? They rattled Manning unlike anything he had faced all year and it showed. If a team could do the same thing the Steelers did to Manning in 95, that'd be the only way to beat the Pats IMHO.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

Steel Curtain

2007 Running Back Studs

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 am

I think the only way to beat the Pats is to somehow get Brady on the run. Heck, SNAKE could look like a great QB with the time the O-line is giving Brady. If you can somehow disguise your blitzes so that Brady can't figure them out fast enough, you may have a shot. You remember how the Steelers beat the Colts in the 95 playoffs? They rattled Manning unlike anything he had faced all year and it showed. If a team could do the same thing the Steelers did to Manning in 95, that'd be the only way to beat the Pats IMHO.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please