Greg, please help Las Vegas #8..

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
...there's a LOT of half-ass owners around which is why keeping the H2H format in the NFFC makes sense from a business perspective. From a business view...this trumps all.

From a players view...this also trumps all due to there not being a competition without the business making money.

I love the message board folks because they are accountable. If they fail to compete...they will be slaughtered here.

The quitters are not MB worthy.

Maybe that in itself is a good reason to motivate participants to get into the MB community.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm

All Play and points only suck for both entertainment value as well as fulfilling a desire for competition. (Which is why most players play) Your opponent is nameless. BORING. Baseball, Basketball and Hockey have MANY games DAILY...so the competition is there. Games ONCE PER WEEK needs a more defined opponent.

If the same % of injuries hit all teams...the ones that get hit early are DEAD in All-Play or Points Only leagues.

The ones hit in the middle or end of the season get to still sneak into the playoff with inferior teams.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Longlive deadbeat owners!!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Originally posted by Mankind:
MIAMI CANES update after a week not logging into his team, he removes a player from the line-up and inserts Isacc Bruce bye week player.. I certainly hope the NFFC doesn't take his $1300 take year. I feel for ya Mankind, we have (had??) a similar situation in LV2.
@RedRyder

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Yeah Jules our 2 deadbeats from last week both put in lineups this week, why we will never know, but they took a week off for some reason.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Yeah Jules our 2 deadbeats from last week both put in lineups this week, why we will never know, but they took a week off for some reason. That one deadbeat took 2 or 3 weeks off, leaving an injured Watson in his line-up.
@RedRyder

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:59 am

I would hope that Greg and Tom would know the real names of the individual(s) who have shown that they clearly quit and then not allow them to play next season. I realize that from a business sense not taking their money would be a difficult thing to do short-term, but I do believe that it would be the best thing to do long-term. I would imagine that everyone that has plunked down their $1300 to play would like the best assurance possible that those that are competing on the highest level will continue to field the best teams possible for the integrity of the game. I know I would be very suspect if I showed up for the main, plunked down my $1300 to play and then find out that one of these quitter owners were in my league. I think it's a tough call to make (and realize that Greg is really the only one to make that call) but I think it's the call that would give people the utmost confidence in NFFC.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:09 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

btw, I don't think the moniker "sound advice" really works for you (from what we've all seen). Perhaps u should change it. Sound Advice is the stereo store I started in the early '80s.
First Sound Advice fantasy team was around 1989 or so.
I'll keep it if you don't mind.

You have given the worst fantasy advice I have seen in my entire life, in the last 2 months.
You suck pal.

You will never be the fantasy player that I am, and it bugs the crap out of you.

good.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:34 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Sound Advice is the stereo store I started in the early '80s.

You have given the worst fantasy advice I have seen in my entire life, in the last 2 months.
You suck pal.

You will never be the fantasy player that I am, and it bugs the crap out of you.

good. That's good to know. I thought the "sound advice" related to fantasy football. Obviously, that's not the case!!!

btw, didn't you say you were quitting? Why are u still here?

Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:39 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Sound Advice is the stereo store I started in the early '80s.
Company Perspectives:

Sound Advice is a retailer of high-quality consumer electronics products with 24 Sound Advice stores in Florida, five Bang & Olufsen specialty stores, two Showcase Home Entertainment stores in Arizona, and an Electronics Interiors store in Palm Beach Gardens.

Key Dates:
1974: Company is founded in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1986: Sound Advice goes public.
1992: Reported misrepresentations in the company's financial

Sound Advice Inc. started up under something of a cloud ... in 1974, a group of three investors put up $100,000 in cash to fund the enterprise. As was later divulged, the problem was that most of the cash came out of a drug-traffic suitcase carried into the deal by Powell, who later admitted that it was raised from smuggling marijuana.

[ November 05, 2007, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]