POST YOUR ROSTERS HERE!!!!!

renman

Post by renman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:12 pm

Snake,

I could not agree more with your point there. Some owners catch a break in that they get in leagues with a couple guys who make glaring mistakes and someone else reaps the benefit of it. Makes me think back to last seasons NFFC draft where one of the drafts had Peyton Manning and Culpepper go 1-2 before Tomlinson and Alexander. I was heart broken that I did not end up in that league.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:29 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Just wraped up the ultimate a few hours ago.
Manning went pick 10, Wali Lundy went in the 4th round, thats the highest ive seen him go.Terry Glynn in the 5th round , the highest ive seen him go.Fast Willie Parker went before Edge James.
Chad Johnson went pick 19 , with S Smith 20, they slide a little.AND one team took GONZALEZ and HEAP. It was a tough draft , i got greedy once ,and it cost me Michael Jenkins.I actually did it from my home on phone hook up , and everything ran smooth. Eddie, sorry to burn you on a couple of those picks. Really wanted Roy Williams at 3.9 -- lo and behold he was there. I called a few of your picks before you made them (Simms and Cooley), and was surprised you passed on Jenkins when you did. Sure enough, someone on the end took him. You've got great WRs, and will need one of your backups to emerge as a starter -- sounds like the FANDANGO strategy! Best of luck on defending you title; I plan on presenting more of a challenge than in 2005

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:31 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...Johnny Junkie...is it true that the NY league that you and Adam No Taxes Miller were in saw Kurt Warner go in the 4th round, Matt Leinart (to the same owner) in the 8th round, back to back DEF's by yet another owner (#1) in the 8th and 9th round, and Adam Vinateri by yet another owner in the 9th round as well!!!...the luck of the draw, eh comrade, the luck of the draw...hehehe...SNAKE Very true.....it was funnie....

Snake....I have been saying it from day one....I would love to win the $100,000 But How can you think your the best in fantasy if you sit at a easy table with guys who know nothing....

Last year Pick one got Tomlinson....Johnson...and holt....

And this year these kind of guys will help me get My main event championship from the 14 hole......

I say thanks to the guys at my table....... :D

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:41 pm

After analyzing and assesing the rosters here, I see some great rosters, good rosters and a handful of mediocres ones. BTW, Incredible Hulking Us...great job once again. I am happy not to be in your division this year.

The 2006 draft was difficult for numerous reasons -

1) The amount of RBBC's that exist with no clear cut #1

2) Several coaching changes that totally change the offensive outlook and gameplans of teams

3) Higher than avergae player movement in the NFL
============================

As I mentioned there are tons of questions that need ot be answered. It may take 3-5 weeks for anybody to get a clearer picture for this season.

For example -

A) How deadly will the big 3 RB's (LJ, SA, LT2) be this year? Are the teams who have these players going to have an huge advantage over the rest of us?

B) Which RB's that were taken top 20ish emerge as a superstar and outperform any of the Big 3? Maybe Ronnie Brown, SJAX, Caddy, Willie Parker....we know Rudi Johnson is a fixture for his above average stats.

C) There are RB's who have great upside but are unproven - K. Jones, C. Taylor, Jul. Jones, Bell Boys in Denver...which will emerge

D) The rookie class : R. Bush, Addai, Lendale White, Denangelo Williams, Marooney, Lundy... who will step up like Ronnie Brown and Caddy of 2005?

E) The brokeback mountain RB's who were once studs - J. Lewis, A. Green, F. Taylor, C Dillon....will they emerge this year to carry some of the RB2 RB3 load of the NFFC teams who stacked up on some of the elite WR's ?

F) The dinosaur WR's....guys in there 30's who, for the most part, outperform there ADP's - J. Horn, Galloway, I. Bruce , Kennison, Rod Smith , Terry Glenn , E. Moulds, M Muhammed, K McCardell, A Toomer

G)The Up and Comers - R. Wayne, R. Williams, M. Jones, B Watson, M Clayton, Braylon Edwards, A Bryant, etc. Can they be the changing of the guard at their respective positions ?

H) Owens & Moss... will they play to their elite potential for a FULL season ?

I) QB class was pretty deep this year, obviously it will play out alot different then we can expect....also, will Manning throw 40+ TD's to substantiate him as an early pick

J) Last but not least...INJURIES! Any NFFC team who sustains a major loss this...you can call your tax advisor and ask if the season can be deducted off your 1040 as a capital loss !

Thats my spin on this year....who ever answered these questions the best will be the top dog in 2006....and ofcourse, dont forget the luck aspect of fantasy football....with that being said -

Good luck to everyone! :D

[ September 03, 2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: FISHER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

SlackerDan

Post by SlackerDan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:04 pm

New York League 8 / 6th pick

QB
MATT HASSELBACK
MARK BRUNELL (HOMER PICK)

RB
TIKI BARBER
W.DUNN
D.FOSTER
SAM GATO
C.COBBS
STEPHEN DAVIS

WR
GALLOWAY
R.SMITH
C.BRADFORD
MARK CLAYTON
MARQUES COLSTON
B.BERRIAN

TE
ALGE CRUMPLER

DEFENSE
PANTHERS
STEELERS

K
N.RACKERS

SlackerDan

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:05 pm

YES KING , IT WAS Roy Williams i wanted as my 3rd pick, but i can live with donal driver.
Your also right on JENKINS, IM SICK I let him go there, got greedy.IN round 9 pick 11 i took GADO , hoping JENKINS Wouldnt go in the next 6 picks, didnt happen, thats my only regret of the draft, i was able to get roddy white though , who i have rated pretty good, if he went , you would have heard me all the way in R.I.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:11 pm

SlackerDan, you must have been really bummed when the guy picking at the 7 hole took Doug Gabriel right befoer you picked in the 6th round. I'm sure you had that Gabriel pick all queued up!

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:14 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
YES KING , IT WAS Roy Williams i wanted as my 3rd pick, but i can live with donal driver.
Your also right on JENKINS, IM SICK I let him go there, got greedy.IN round 9 pick 11 i took GADO , hoping JENKINS Wouldnt go in the next 6 picks, didnt happen, thats my only regret of the draft, i was able to get roddy white though , who i have rated pretty good, if he went , you would have heard me all the way in R.I. You're sick cause you missed out on Jenkins? Sheet, I think I'd be sicker if I actually drafted him.

But seriously, what's so special about a WR in Atlanta? Care to share the wisdom?
For Players. By Players.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
SlackerDan, you must have been really bummed when the guy picking at the 7 hole took Doug Gabriel right befoer you picked in the 6th round. I'm sure you had that Gabriel pick all queued up! KofQ,,,show us that roster of yours...the NFFC main one....not your 30 satellites, 8 auctions, 1 ultimate leage, 4 home leagues, WCOFF league, CDM league, 2 mag leagues, 3 "message board classic" leagues, 4 draftmasters leagues rosters'.....we wanna see your NFFC Main ! :confused:

[ September 03, 2006, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: FISHER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

SlackerDan

Post by SlackerDan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:17 pm

KOQ,

My partner is in love with Qb's somewhat early in drafts and we ended up with Matt Hasselback (could have used a go to WR) like Gabriel. I guess we are going to have to get lucky and spend all of our FAAB money in the frst few weeks. I can live with Matt H, hopefully, our RB's pick up the slack and get some catches out of the backfield.

SlackerDan