POST YOUR ROSTERS HERE!!!!!

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:33 pm

One more thing for my man fisher here in are league.....tiki barber fell to number 8 in are draft.......lol
I.W
Johnny Frisella

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:34 pm

Originally posted by FISHER:
Watching Cedric the Entertainer running over the Saints & Lions Defense with a backdrop of horrific thug rap music doesnt make me too excited...What, you mean you didn't enjoy

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BYATCH AIN'T ONE

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
First off in another post you say benson is better then ronnie brown?....come on....are you crazy.....and there was other's listed.....
From a talent level, he very well could be correct. Most NFL scouts had Brown, Benson and Caddy as pretty even coming out of college. Sure enough, they were the 2nd, 4th and 5th choices in the 2005 draft. As a pure runner, Benson was graded the highest.

Opportunity is a big part of the equation here. Benson's lengthy holdout in 2005, coupled with his shoulder injury this preseason, may prevent that opportunity from ever happening.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:51 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
First off in another post you say benson is better then ronnie brown?....come on....are you crazy.....and there was other's listed.....
From a talent level, he very well could be correct. Most NFL scouts had Brown, Benson and Caddy as pretty even coming out of college. Sure enough, they were the 2nd, 4th and 5th choices in the 2005 draft. As a pure runner, Benson was graded the highest.

Opportunity is a big part of the equation here. Benson's lengthy holdout in 2005, coupled with his shoulder injury this preseason, may prevent that opportunity from ever happening.
[/QUOTE]Don't agree......sorry.....if the guy is a head case that is his own fault....and staying healthy is part of the game.....and his job.

Johnny

Ronnie is still healthy...and he can catch the ball too :rolleyes:
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TOM ROSSI

Post by TOM ROSSI » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Fisher.....

You were there at the draft....were you awake while you were drafting.....Some guy took back to back def in round 8 and 9.....another guy took warner ahead of brady....in the 4th round....when brady goes in the 5th round and warner in the 8th round....Anyways....im done wasting my time trying to explain this....but bottom line how would all these mistakes not help the rest of us.....??????????? that would make no sense if these mistakes would not help the rest of the table.....

Johnny RI...your not forgetting that Palmer got drafted at 2.04 ahead of Manning in NY 9 are you?

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Fisher.....

You were there at the draft....were you awake while you were drafting.....Some guy took back to back def in round 8 and 9.....another guy took warner ahead of brady....in the 4th round....when brady goes in the 5th round and warner in the 8th round....Anyways....im done wasting my time trying to explain this....but bottom line how would all these mistakes not help the rest of us.....??????????? that would make no sense if these mistakes would not help the rest of the table.....

As for my second rb.....when you catch up to me in leagues won ill answer your question.....

Johnny To set the record straight on Cedric Benson/ Ronnie Brown - I was simply implying that I think Ronnie Brown will do great in 2006. He is well situated in Miami now that Ricky gone. He catches the ball out of the backfield which is a major plus factor in regard to NFFC scoring system. On the other hand, I think that Cedric Benson is the best of the 4 RB's of the 2005 class, talent wise, and that if he carried himself with class, (like Shaun Alexander) and wasnt such a crybaby lil beeyotch, and there was no Thomas Jones, and he was a "TEAM FIRST" type of guy....he would, indeed, outperform Ronnie Brown.

As far as back to back D's in the...yes that was somewhat silly...100% , but the 8th round the picks wrap around to him and looking @ the 9th round, maybe he lost out on backing up his QB with A Brooks, or he coulda gotten troy williamson , or taken a lottery ticket on Michael Turner...in other words, he really didnt blow himself up there with this move which we both agree was "foolish"....this did not adversely effect the draft one bit...

Now to Kurt Warner in the 4th round over the likes of T. Brady....personally I dont think its an end of the world type situation...If healthy for the year, Warner has a pass catching new toy in the backfield named EDGE, and he has a WR tandem in Boldin / Fitz that is the best ever since Clayton /Duper...Tom Brady is wondering what the fugg is up with D. Branch and his contract..he also lost David Givens this year...and his RB is Corey Dillon, who is getting hurt more often these days. Dillon also is not a pass catching RB (they rely on K. Faulk who is not Marshall Faulk 1999),,,would i take Warner that early? Hells NO! Way too early as far as ADP/ VBD....but that move didnt pave the way for us more experienced guys (me and u) to stock up on such great steals...

As far as Leinert, in the 8th, it is acceptable since this guy is a major talent and insurance policy if Warner goes down....plus the fact that Leinert is banging all the A -List celeb sluts....that moves him up the cheat sheets alone

As far as division titles in NFFC -

As of right now....i have 1

In regard to ur RB2 situation, your best answer probably would be "No comment"

good luck :D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:05 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by FISHER:
Watching Cedric the Entertainer running over the Saints & Lions Defense with a backdrop of horrific thug rap music doesnt make me too excited...What, you mean you didn't enjoy

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BYATCH AIN'T ONE
[/QUOTE]Well, personally I have 99 problems...and my byatch is 98 of them....the other problem i have is relying on Frank Gore as RB2 lol

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:11 pm

One more thing for my man fisher here in are league.....tiki barber fell to number 8 in are draft.......lol WHat can I say...maybe Tiki regresses 20% this year...maybe he lets Brandon Jacobs shoulder some of the load...Personally I luv Tiki because he is a workhorse who has a good head on his shoulders and a work ethic that is 2nd to NONE...but the last 2 years, he had been drafted alot lower and has totally crushed his ADP projections...This year he moves up to the Consensus 4th pick overall and he has the potential to not live up to that....I think he will do just great! (got him 4th overall in NYLeague3)

As far as draft tables...NY League #8 let Edge slip to the 12 spot overall....I drafted 12th overall one table over and woulda done a head spin, the worm, and a helicopter if he fell to me there...hence i had to "settle" for McGahee again this year....