Classless act or good strategy??

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:27 pm

BillWaz -- What you described is absolutely disgusting. That team should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh. Wait a second. I take that back.

Actually, that situation was different as we desperately needed (and still need) a RB -- so we bid $1 more to get Smith just as much as keep him away from another team.

[ November 13, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: I Cojones ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:32 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Sell out my friends, family, or country? :confused: Don't confuse this GAME with life Nag. Why is it not a legitimate question considering your logic in this issue? It's only about money, according to you.
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:34 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Let me ask you this....if someone IN CONTENTION did this, would you have a beef about it? Probably not, but is it still not an "unethical" move? The answer is YES!

Actually scratch this, because this guy IS in contention, and probably figures he has to "win out" to have ANY shot. Sorry I didn't pick this up earlier, as it just confirms my feelings about this even more!

Something similar happened in NY6 two weeks ago. A FIRST place team (record) was playing the LAST place team (total points), and the last place team had Chris Brown (who was questionable) on their roster. Well the first place team bid $1 MORE than the last place team could just to obtain Antowain Smith. They FULLY admitted that this was a "strategic" move. Of course it came back to get them as C.Brown played, and the last place team ended up beating the first place team.

I thought it was a very good move at the time, even though in hindsight, it back-fired on them "big time"!
[/QUOTE]Apparantly you dont comprehend the difference between the 2 situations, so anything else I say is moot.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:52 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Sell out my friends, family, or country? :confused: Don't confuse this GAME with life Nag. Why is it not a legitimate question considering your logic in this issue? It's only about money, according to you. [/QUOTE]Not sure how much $$ you have Nag, but I don't have $1,250 to "throw around". I got into this contest because I wanted to compete against some of the best, and I wanted to win some $$!

Tell you what... if you win anything, I will let Greg and Tom know you just want a trophy. You can take it up to Mt. Zion and smoke dope with Ricky Williams and discuss how $$ is "just paper"!

$$ isn't everything Nag, but if you are "throwing around $1,250", I can think of a lot better ways to spend it!

[ November 13, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:11 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb] I can respect (although disagree) with those who say this is good strategy which they would employ at ANY time. it doesn't matter if you respect us or not. this is part of the game...within the rules. i have a lot of respect for you. but it realy sounds like you have sour grapes. the move was okay. you sold yourself short with low FA$. move on. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:18 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb] I can respect (although disagree) with those who say this is good strategy which they would employ at ANY time. it doesn't matter if you respect us or not. this is part of the game...within the rules. i have a lot of respect for you. but it realy sounds like you have sour grapes. the move was okay. you sold yourself short with low FA$. move on. thanks.
[/QUOTE]Keep your patronizing to yourself and your advice. Thanks.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:20 pm

Keep your patronizing to yourself and your advice. Thanks. sour grapes. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:32 pm

I'm not sure I understand. What is classless about trying to win? I see no rule broken in this circumstance.

Complaining about it on the message board appears somewhat classless, if you ask me. I didn't spend your money... you did. Why would anyone feel they should have some inherent right to roster protection or some 'kindness' factor because you are in contention and he is not? I'd go so far as to propose that if he saw this opportunity and did NOT take advantage of it then he's being mildly collusive to HELP you and not do his best to win.

Consider whatever you spent your money on and whatever players you've had on your bench instead of a backup QB and learn a lesson in roster management. You left yourself thin, you spent all your money... and you think charity and compassion is called for? I don't see it.

Good luck, though - I'm sure you'll post that you hate my opinion... it's different from yours, after all.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:45 pm

Dyv, I know I'm changing the subject, but aren't you the dude that was screamin' in preseason how NFFC's rules would finally put an end to the RB/RB strategy. How's that theory been working out?
For Players. By Players.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:58 pm

Jersey Paul -

I have brilliantly given you Brad Hoover for $3 to help aid your team to defeat Pocket Aces for the Week #10 showdown.

Your welcome!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again