Just so you know where I stand...

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:12 am

Glenn,

You have been offensive in every way imaginable on these boards. And you have never shown any redeeming quality because even when you try it comes off as insincere, at least to those that have seen and remember the way you treat people over time.

Even more offensive is that you think you are cute and funny, in doing it.

Let me tell you how I feel about your "hehehes", and your "peace and harmonies", and your "football onlys" and your name-calling and your "snake this" and your "ISHO". It makes me want to slap the crap out of you every time I see it, because it is either offensive, insincere or egotistical. Don't take that as a threat because I'm not stupid enough to assault someone for annoying me. Instead, I will continue to skip over your posts and as I'm sure you've noticed I've stopped responding to your posts and I've blocked your private messages. Still, it is difficult to ignore you as your posts litter so much of the discussion.

Thus again, I would ask Greg to add functionality to this board such that anyone can block those comments which they do not want to see. There is a growing legion of long-time NFFC'ers who just don't want to see anything you have to say.

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 am

Sorry, I've been silent on this issue long enough...

To me it boils down to one word R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I'm not talking about respect because someone is old, or rich, or successful, or in line for a million bucks.

The respect I am talking about is earned in and only one fashion, based on the level respect you bestow upon others. That's all, nothing more, simple as that.

Respect is a 2-way street. Some feel they are owed respect. No, sorry, respect is earned.

People want others to respect their right to be an individual, to do things their way. Fine. Nothing wrong with that. But respect is mutual. And if doing something unique offends others, out of respect for them, maybe one should find another form of individuality.

I'm probably going to be tarred and feathered for this, but I don't care. I'll cite another example of what I consider disrespectful on the part of "GK".

The use of the word Comrade bothers me, not unlike people referring to a bad teammate as a "cancer" and a lopsided trade as "rape."

Yeah, I know what these words and phrases mean. But I am old school, to some, words mean other things too. Words connote other emotions, feelings, memories other than their admittedly innocuous intent. A respectful person finds another way of getting their point across without having to resort to that particular combination of letters.

He is a troublemaker in the locker room, a bad influence on the younger players....

Wow, you really got the better of him in that trade....

Hey there fellow fantasy football enthusiasts, here's hoping Larry Johnson and Donovan McNabb have great weeks....

At one point, Comrade had a negative connotation. If one is of a certain age, or certain religion, or certain ethnicity, one may not be as acceptive of the more liberal use of the word, which actually is being used correctly by GK as the meaning has morphed away from the more negative recently.

I know the majority are going to think this is trite, but a respectful individual has the decency to consider the feelings of others -- and shouldn't have to apologize after the fact in case their actions were misunderstood. The truly respectful doesn't even let it reach that point.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
"No one cares about your team but you."

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:07 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
My 10 year old son absolutely loves fantasy football. He watches over my shoulder as I put in bids, read the guru, set lineups, and yes read these boards. It's nice not having to explain certain words to my son because he likes hanging out with me and doing fantasy football.

Wayne Sounds like that 10 year old has a Great Dad, and a lucky Dad, I may point out. :D Only thing I'm worried about is that he see's You winning all the time and he may think it's easy. ;)

My son sits next to me and tries reading, I have to them him, please don't. So I'm with ya.

John

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by GK:
...SNAKE is going to post (respond) on this thread when he has more time to do so later today...however, please allow The Serpent to state unequivocally and categorically that it is NOT now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, his modus operandi to call anyone, anywhere at anytime derogatory names that relate to a person's sexual preference, race, gender, etc...and if Jules or anyone for that matter can't discern the difference between that and what SNAKE posts on this MB, well then please may God him(her)self help them here...SNAKE If you respond, then it's not FOOTBALL ONLY, BABY. Just don't respond. It is the very safe thing to do.

All you have to do is stop all the names. That is what Jules is saying. Look how many people are asking you to do that. FOOTBALL ONLY BABY.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:58 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
All you have to do is stop all the names. That is what Jules is saying. Look how many people are asking you to do that. FOOTBALL ONLY BABY. I disagree. Glenn has created a "character" who is self-centered, condescending and completely disrespectful of everyone whenever he feels like it, including Greg many times over.

I'm sick of it in its entirety. I didn't find it funny to begin with, and five years later it is well beyond unfunny. He may be going for Tony Clifton, but he instead comes off like Michael Richards in an offensive racist rant.

I don't know if Glenn IS his character or not, but I think the time has come for that persona and all its traits to be dead and gone from here. I would suggest to Greg that whether or not Glenn Karant can separate himself from that character and act like a respectable person is the question, because so long as he hides behind his character he has proven that he cannot.

[ November 28, 2008, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
wtf people, it's a message board! I concur.

I believe in the teachings of the great life instructor Mike LaFontaine.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
wtf people, it's a message board! I concur.
[/QUOTE]Exactly! And I wish it were just that, a FANTASY FOOTBALL message board, but it has turned into something else over the past year.

So, yeah, "wtf", I can have an opinion on the state of a MB I use to really enjoy participating in and in an event I use to really enjoy participating in.

And since "it's a message board", my message is I'm tired of reading derogatory remarks by Glenn or anyone else!
@RedRyder

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Finally, I feel change in the air.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:58 am

Your streak is still intact, Glenn. :(

Don't ask, I'll let you know when you break it (although I doubt you ever will).