Fool's Gold! Mark it down!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu May 15, 2008 4:29 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Sounds like a bunch of Rany Moss bashers who missed the boat last year because he was too risky. Are you Colts fans anti New England so you won't own any of their players? I never let me team preference get in the way of good FF.

Maroney to me is vastly over-rated and therefore I'll let someone else reap the benefits of drafting him.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu May 15, 2008 4:54 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Maroney to me is vastly over-rated and therefore over-rated in terms of what, talent, playing-time, etc...

if it's talent, you may need a new scout.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu May 15, 2008 5:06 am

I'll admit Maroney is tough to value...mostly due to Coach B being a team player winner coach who likes to remain unpredictable to a degree.

The question I have to ask is was last season more of a or b...

a) Coach B babied a hurt Maroney to start the season, then made him EARN his playing time, then let him carry the load when the weather got bad...as he planned all along. (But why would he abandon a blowout style of football if he wasn't forced to change due to the NFL adjusting?)

b) Coach B had an "air it out" style from the get go, challenging the NFL to adjust to a flat out bombing campaign including repeated bombing late in blowout games. The NFL DID adjust, forcing him to go back to a more traditional style offense late season and in the playoffs.

The same Randy Moss who tore up the regular season was either a decoy, or was simply shut down during the post season...until his late 4th quarter TD in the Superbowl.

How Coach B. game plans the Patriots 2008 offense and how the NFL adjusts will make for a very interesting draft...making Moss and Maroney possible bust or stud candidates...even Wes Welker had some dud games toward the end of last season (as all who drafted him can attest to)...being SHUT DOWN in 3 of the 4 NFFC championship playoff weeks, when the NFL DEF were trying to find out how to slow down the NE attack.

Moss going mid to late first round has a higher chance of busting than repeating, and Maroney slipping to the 3rd or later can be a great value pick...the problem is with Coach B...even watching the entire pre-season will not clue you in to how he will coordinate his regular season attack!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu May 15, 2008 5:07 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Maroney to me is vastly over-rated and therefore over-rated in terms of what, talent, playing-time, etc...

if it's talent, you may need a new scout.
[/QUOTE]Over-rated in the eyes of the FF herd. Talent is there, but so is a RBBC and passing first philosophy.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Thu May 15, 2008 6:16 am

Walker, as I understand from what I have read, is working with bone on bone in his knee, after 2 major surgeries how can this guy possibly be close to what was a promising WR star? Very surprised he signed for so much $ guaranteed.

Maroney might have a chance to come through, but he hasn't shown much yet, like Benson of the Bears.

Vince Young is a Fantasy QB disaster!! Still wondering why the Titans have done absolutely nothing to get him some WRs, trade, sign, draft anything>?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu May 15, 2008 6:45 am

Originally posted by Eddie the King:

Vince Young is a Fantasy QB disaster!! Still wondering why the Titans have done absolutely nothing to get him some WRs, trade, sign, draft anything>? I think Alge Crumpler knew what he was doing. He loved when Vick was there, because when Vick wasn't running, he was dishing it off to Crumpler. The same will apply to Vince Young, dumping it off to Crumpler this year. But it's a hard season to go into when your two main end zone targets are Bo Scaife and Alge Crumpler.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Thu May 15, 2008 7:27 am

Living on an island"cape cod" that is i'm a patriot fan,but a die hard ff player.Last year patriots offense was the most explosive team i've seen since "the best show on turf"It wasn't if they were going to score?Just how many plays it was going to take.I personally felt that the raven game on monday night was the begining of the high octane attack.They slowly began to get into playoff mode and the grind it out attack was into effect.I feel for the ff players that had the studs during our nffc playoffs,but the Brady,Moss and Welkers are the ones that got you there.Take a peek at there schedule this year.4west coast games,nevermind the 2 divisional games between jets,miami and buffalo each.If you didnt sip the gatorade last year,you better this year.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu May 15, 2008 11:15 am

Walker, as I understand from what I have read, is working with bone on bone in his knee, Do not doubt you read this; but mind sharing your source. Thanks.

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Eddie the King:
Walker, as I understand from what I have read, is working with bone on bone in his knee, Do not doubt you read this; but mind sharing your source. Thanks. [/QUOTE]Daily updates from the San Francisco Chronicle on the Raiders via email. Today Walker was running and catching balls from JR, Big Boy as he is is now called, commenting on the velocity of his passes

This was also from last year, I had him on a couple of fantasy teams and read the Denver Post updates. Didn't sound good, as is it's hard to think he'll last a long time or even make it through the year. At one point he was special.

One player with knee problems I can't find much about yet is Marvin Harrison, be interested how he is recovering. Had both last year, wasn't good !

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 am

quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Eddie the King:
Walker, as I understand from what I have read, is working with bone on bone in his knee, Do not doubt you read this; but mind sharing your source. Thanks. [/QUOTE]Daily updates from the San Francisco Chronicle on the Raiders via email. Today Walker was running and catching balls from JR, Big Boy as he is is now called, commenting on the velocity of his passes

This was also from last year, I had him on a couple of fantasy teams and read the Denver Post updates. Didn't sound good, as is it's hard to think he'll last a long time or even make it through the year. At one point he was special.

One player with knee problems I can't find much about yet is Marvin Harrison, be interested how he is recovering. Had both last year, wasn't good !
[/QUOTE]I had Walker, Harrison, Steve Smith and Deion Branch in my main league last year. That was great. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich