Chi_Town_FEW

NFFC NFL Pick'em Pool 2011

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:24 pm

In, Bob Fatzinger

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Hey Diesel WTH ???? I know some guy who was BEGGING you to start one... now 7 weeks in you get off the horse ? Or maybe you're yanking our chains and will delete the thread ? :D Stephen, easy now...I didn't get a chance to make this official until late last night and I didn't want to text you that late. I know Scott is going to flip when he hears the news. I'm glad Greg agreed to this because it is the most fun pool I've ever played in. Getting signups and collecting payment takes a lot of time that I just don't seem to have lately, so a collective effort will bring this pool back, bring a little more traffic to the boards and win some people free entries in 2012 here in the NFFC.

If someone wins $100K stemming from this pool's prizes, I want a free drink the following year. ;) I've never tried Krystal, yet. Lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
Hey Diesel WTH ???? I know some guy who was BEGGING you to start one... now 7 weeks in you get off the horse ? Or maybe you're yanking our chains and will delete the thread ? :D Stephen, easy now...I didn't get a chance to make this official until late last night and I didn't want to text you that late. I know Scott is going to flip when he hears the news. I'm glad Greg agreed to this because it is the most fun pool I've ever played in. Getting signups and collecting payment takes a lot of time that I just don't seem to have lately, so a collective effort will bring this pool back, bring a little more traffic to the boards and win some people free entries in 2012 here in the NFFC.

If someone wins $100K stemming from this pool's prizes, I want a free drink the following year. ;) I've never tried Krystal, yet. Lol
[/QUOTE]Wasn't Krystal one of Spitzer's girls ?? :D I like the yet part - you got gumption Diesel !

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:50 pm

so we're not limiting it to one entry per person?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 am

Pete, let me talk to Greg about that. In Quahogs case, that second entry is not him. Its his friend Scott. I'll get back to you on that rule.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:10 am

Good job Marc and I trust there will be enough folks to get this rolling in Week 8. But just for clarification, we probably can't do this as a sanctioned NFFC event or give out free entries or anything like that. However, we can certainly help organize it and use our boards as the smack talk site, post all the results here and all the rest. And outside of getting the contest set up, all of the money can return to the top finishers as Marc states at the end. There's no reason to keep anything on top of the initial setup cost. I'll help personally with anything else and I like having this contest return to the NFFC boards, but it's definitely something outside of STATS/NFFC that will need to be set up by the customers.

Again, I'll help Marc in every way and we'll start in Week 8 if he helps me, so be ready. And just sign up via Marc or on this thread and we'll see how many entrants we get. Should be fun and should lead to some active MB posts.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
so we're not limiting it to one entry per person? Last year Marc limited it to one per person because you can certainly see where someone could have many different strategies with many different entries. ALL IN would be one of the strategies!! :D Let's limit it to one per person, but obviously an extra entry can be extended to family members or friends if someone wants to bring in people close to him/her.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:23 am

All In....

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 am

oh, were those entry names last year with multiple entries just friends/relatives?? I thought it was the same person.

Needless to say, I'm in.... (Pete Suni)

what email address should i send out to my friends that are interested in joining?

paypal will be fine i take it?

[ October 21, 2011, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]