You go ALABAMA ABANDONED!

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Well there you go... He put up a 58 in week one. Then 65.4, 80.3, 121.05 and 132.3 in weeks 2-5.

He got Steve Johnson in week 2 which helped a lot. His power ranking record for the year was 41-128 which is horrible, but weeks 1 and 2 he was really in bad shape.

He ended up with $775 in FAAB thats the main knock against him. But overall throwing out weeks 1 and 2 he was a completely normal team. Not a big deal.

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Besides week 1 Eric made moves, set his lineup, had a full lineup and had a long stretch where he averaged 120+ per game. Then I think he gave up in week 12 and 13 but almost every league had someone like that. His power rankings were completely normal if you take out 0-13 in week one. ...with all due respect here, that is ABSOLUTELY NOT the info that I received from TWO people in that Boston league FIRST HAND (I will not name them but I'm sure the regulars here know who I'm speaking of)...it seems that in the immortal words of Steve McQueen, (my favorite all-time actor) in the classic film "Cool Hand Luke"; "what we have here is a failure to communicate"...GK [/QUOTE]Great flick GK, but those were not the immortal
words of Steve McQueen........it was the prison warden played by Strother Martin.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 am

i have to agree with snake, it's not the owners faults but if you draft with 13 guys, you definitely get guys dropping to you that would not have normally dropped to you throughout the draft and you don't have to worry too much about free agency blocking, or other issues that come along with full leagues.. hell i had a guy out of it in my league that picked up a back up for god's sake one of my hand-cuffs.. thats a full league..lol

doesn't matter it is what it is..

i wish i were in that league.. but i wasn't and you play with the hands your dealt with.. thats all you can do.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 am

Sorry guys, but i just don't see this as an issue. There were a lot of very good drafters in that league and a few players falling an extra spot isn't going to change the outcome of a 3 week race. I'll give credit where credit is due and I just don't see any reason to taint what Alabama Abandoned is doing.

Wayne

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
i have to agree with snake, it's not the owners faults but if you draft with 13 guys, you definitely get guys dropping to you that would not have normally dropped to you throughout the draft and you don't have to worry too much about free agency blocking, or other issues that come along with full leagues.. hell i had a guy out of it in my league that picked up a back up for god's sake one of my hand-cuffs.. thats a full league..lol

doesn't matter it is what it is..

i wish i were in that league.. but i wasn't and you play with the hands your dealt with.. thats all you can do. ...yep weber, I just don't accept nor do I like people trying to "cover up" reality, that's all...it is what it is here man as it should be clear for ALL (or should I say most?) here to determine for themselves imho...GK
[/QUOTE]Snake your off on this one.AA team isnt here because of the 13 teams that showed up and i thought Flex Flamingo did a good job of showing that the Poker team did much better after the first couple of weeks which wasnt head to head.
Going into the playoffs his team was ranked 36th and he probably has the worst bench of any team in the playoffs.How many of the playoff teams have to play Donavan McNabb thats his number 1 qb and his backup's are Kolb and Rusty Smith both waiver wire fodder.Also on his bench is a 2nd defense [Dallas] and Greg Olsen not much value and zero value in Hoomanawaniu.His only bench players with little value are Thomas Jones coming off a 1 point game and Jordan Shipley.So how is this team in first.All of his starters except T O had huge weeks.Michael Turner finally has that big 3 td game.Jason Witten and Derek Mason score twice.Players like McCoy and Roddy hit their avg.
Deon Branch was on many benches last week including mine in the Primetime but with A A he didnt have any options.What im saying is this team isnt put together with great late picks because of Pokey man its a decent team that everything went right for one week.There is no late round steals like Hillis or McFadden and he really didnt hit anything on the waiver wire like Steve Johnson,Lloyd,and Vick.He actually even drafted Branch.This team is not a team that you could say benefitted from the Poker team.I dont see it and i for one will be pulling for the husband and wife team as they are some of the nicest people ive meet in the NFFC.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am

Come on snake. your my budd but really now. your right eddie. 1st class people. i wish them the best.

[ December 14, 2010, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 am

Hang in there Mr and Mrs Cole! So the mrs has the brains and the beauty...what do you bring to the table Mike? 2 more weeks!