You go ALABAMA ABANDONED!

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:45 am

LOL....the prep work, Stephen. Just wish you would of took my offer to come to Bosten and joined us.
Maybe next year...alabama abandoned

Best quote so far in this post...

WEBER...hell i had a guy out of it in my league that picked up a back up for god's sake one of my hand-cuffs.. thats a full league...

1st time to read the boards I guess...
Good luck to all,

WAR EAGLE
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 am

Hmmmnn thought Paul Newman played "Cool Hand Luke"

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 am

Originally posted by DT:
Anyone know what the second place prize is?

$15,000
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

it's just opinions thats all.. no need to get upset.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Money

Post by Money » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:15 pm

This discussion has been had earlier in the year. Go back and review the threads. To rehash this now is simply sour grapes. We continue to have folks quote others that " They've talked to". Who cares. This is a dead issue and has been for quite some time.

Put it to rest it will not change the outcome of the contest, nor should it.
Joe

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:19 pm

abandoned has a great team.. no sour grapes at all.. i don't blame my misfortune this week on that.. i blame it on Kyle Orton and Antonio Gates not suiting up.. period.. loll. if those guys show up, i'd be right on that guy's tail.. 13 team leagues or not..!

IM SHOOTing for 2nd place.. thats my only bet.. if gates sits again... my chances are slim..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Money

Post by Money » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm

Originally posted by weber:
abandoned has a great team.. no sour grapes at all.. i don't blame my misfortune this week on that.. i blame it on Kyle Orton and Antonio Gates not suiting up.. period.. loll. if those guys show up, i'd be right on that guy's tail.. 13 team leagues or not..!

IM SHOOTing for 2nd place.. thats my only bet.. if gates sits again... my chances are slim.. Weber, I didn't pick out anyones post above for a reason, I was responding to the entire thread. I certainly was not singling you out. Good Luck, you've made it this far and still have a fighting chance. I wish I could say the same. Let the best team win.
Joe

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm

I blame this on me not taking D. McFadden in the fuggin 7th round.

I do wish that Mcnabb gets injured or benched though.....I will be honest.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
This discussion has been had earlier in the year. Go back and review the threads. To rehash this now is simply sour grapes. We continue to have folks quote others that " They've talked to". Who cares. This is a dead issue and has been for quite some time.

Put it to rest it will not change the outcome of the contest, nor should it. This is the first time I have chimed in on this subject.

First, I couldn't agree more with Weber. Reread his posts here. I completely agree with him.

Second, It sounds like the NFFC will change the way they handle a no show in the future because people like Glenn take the time to point out the issue and come up with solutions.

Third, it is an advantage to have 12 or 13 active owners vs 14. Seriously ... is anyone stupid enough to think we should merge the Classic and Prime time playoffs because number of active teams doesn't make a difference.

Finally, if Snake has "sour grapes", it is probably because when he brought this issue up, many people said it was a non-issue. Go reread those threads. Many held that teams from that league would hold NO advantage over others and the "no show" team would hold it's own in the league.

Glenn doubted this to be true and said so then. He was right. He is simply pointing out it appears having one less team might make a difference and the no show team "DID NOT" hold it's own as advertised.

If that information isn't at minimum "interesting" to you ... please get in my league next year. I am always looking to play against people who work at staying uninformed.

I think Weber, Snake and I feel zero ill will towards AA and we would all gladly take his place without apologies. It doesn't change the reality that that league had an advantage. Personally, it's not a big issue to me, but Glenn keeping everyone informed on this issue is of value to me anyway. (And Glenn having sour grapes towards people like you who thought(thinks) this is a non-issue is normal). Personally ... If I was him I might have started 10 new threads titled "SEE >>> I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG", but Glenn took the high road. Get off his back!

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:23 am

I have a last place team in my league, too.

I enjoyed the advantage all year of having someone always in last place - it's been a blast and I hope to capitalize on it with a big week.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!