You go ALABAMA ABANDONED!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Can we just delete this thread already?

A business decision was made, it's over. We don't need a pro vs nay vote. Kill it and let's turn the discussion back to playoff fantasy football.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey i feel bad for Snake as the NFFC and the message board is a huge part of his life.He's getting ready to set NFFC records if he can pull off three main events in a row and instead of enjoying and basking in it he's going to end up being nothing.Where will he go this is still his family right.I know he drives Greg out of his mind and i dont know if this can be fixed.Like many of you here on the boards youve had talks and private emails with him.I dont think Snake has many options as he didnt last in Wcoff and i dont know his relationship with the FFPC.The amazing thing is he is pretty good at this game as he's solid drafting and real good on the waiver wire.I like Snake and hope something works out,maybe with the year almost over Greg and Tom can get a break from Snake and others.Im just thinking out loud and just wondering what is going to happen. Good luck Snake you mad man im routing for ya.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

A business decision was made, it's over. We don't need a pro vs nay vote. Kill it and let's turn the discussion back to playoff fantasy football. +1

Money

Post by Money » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

A business decision was made, it's over. We don't need a pro vs nay vote. Kill it and let's turn the discussion back to playoff fantasy football. +1
[/QUOTE]I agree lets move on. I've had some issues on these boards as well. I think Snake thinks he's misunderstood, the problem is the way he believes people perceive him, his perception of that is way off base. That's a very difficult thing to overcome. I know I struggle with it as well. I agree with the decision here, but believe he can be a good person and player. This can only help him in the long run. Heck, he still can win this thing, more importantly he can learn from it.
Joe

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:57 pm

AA has to be sick to his stomach...... Shanahan strikes again. :mad: :rolleyes:

With that the questions becomes can he win with no QB...............at least for 1 week as of right now?

I like the match ups this week for the rest of his players though. He might getaway with no QB for one more week.

I'm not wishing injury on anyone, but I think he should play Kolb. (This is where Vick owners put a bounty on my head ;) )

McNabb - No chance to play. Beck is #2

Rusty Smith - Fisher will call VY and apologize before putting Smith back in

Kolb - Any chance Vick gets knocked out of the game by the Giants?(not saying it's going to happen, but what else can he do)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

larry schechter

Post by larry schechter » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:13 am

I'm going to chime in with a few opinions:

1) Greg and Route C are absolutely correct. What GK did to Greg with those texts is truly amazing. Greg would have been justified in giving him a lifetime ban right then.

2) C+D is also correct. In order to learn something from this, I would urge Glenn to get some counseling. You've got some issues, man.

3) The problem with the Boston draft, that nobody mentioned on this thread, is that the 14th team was selected by using an ADP list that included several players who were known to be injured for many weeks, or even the whole year.

So a handful of players did slip down that shouldn't have. This IS a very small advantage that the other teams in Boston got.

But during the course of the year, there is a lot of other luck involved. People get hurt, some speculative FAAB picks work out well, most don't...you bench Brady and Branch due to a blizzard, and you get screwed...you start A Armstrong because Harvin's out, and he gets 22 points...Your team scores 200 points in week 14 when it matters, rather than week 13 when you already had a playoff spot secured...etc.

Undoubtedly, whatever teams finish at the top of the standings will have had some luck helping them. But that's not to takeaway from their achievement, and it's obvious that there are some people who are darn good players. The people that consistently win aren't doing it because they're always lucky.

4) With no QB, unfortunately AA's screwed. No, he can't win this thing with no QB. I agree with the last post, start Kolb. There wasn't anyone else you could have replaced Rusty Smith with before week 14? That's too bad.

5) For the first time, I've got no teams in the playoffs. It sucks!!!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Again, let me be clear - I've discovered my leagues have a last place team, too.

This team is typified by bad picks, bad luck and failure to cash in on the waiver wire.

You think a given player falling one pick because "Mr Auto Pick" wasted a pick is significant?

I think the whole notion is ridiculous - it's marginal value, at best, over every other last place team in each league.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 am

I don't know. We drafted in 7 non-DC leagues this year. Lots of you also draft in multiple leagues. How many times in each draft did a player you were really hoping made it back to you get scooped up by the drafter on either side of you? Happens to us a couple times per draft. And though it's only one pick away, oftentimes, it's the difference between a player at a position we really wanted vs. switching gears entirely, perhaps being stuck having to start a new tier, etc.. I can see it making a difference.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 am

Sometimes the guy that takes a player you wanted is really doing you a favor? :eek:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:01 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Again, let me be clear - I've discovered my leagues have a last place team, too.

This team is typified by bad picks, bad luck and failure to cash in on the waiver wire.

You think a given player falling one pick because "Mr Auto Pick" wasted a pick is significant?

I think the whole notion is ridiculous - it's marginal value, at best, over every other last place team in each league. i think you are wrong, one pick is all it takes to drop and to make a player's team.. just one.

if i really anaylized the whole boston draft i bet you i could see players drop that should not have dropped visa versa..

not a big deal it's moot pt anyway.. enjoy the games today..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com