**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:41 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Turbough - Greg,
Just to help you avoid a possible problem:
What will you do with the guys that play in both? They would choose which contest they wanted to represent. If they're in our Top 13, I'll bribe them with Corona's!! :D But seriously, we'll have a strong team with whomever represents the NFFC. I just think it would be a lot of fun and give incentive to everyone who participates.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David Wooderson

Post by David Wooderson » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Those were the 8 I listed this morning before the crap hit the fan. Each of those deserve their place on this team. Eric Lundquist, Scott Gunaca/Mike Williams and Donald Thompson are also in the Top 10 Lifetime Standings and deserve considerationHmmm sounds like a lot of fun. We have done both contests every year with the exception of missing the second WCOFF because we played in "The Draft", but we would only play if Greg let us shave his head after the NFFC won. If that is the case, you can count us in!

Viva Ambrosius!!!

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Greg,
What an awesome idea!

I truly hope Lenny and Emil will consider it. Any update; if you have reached out to them?

3'

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:52 pm

We are working on it Lou - spoke with Lenny today

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Yes! Now the ball truly is in their court...

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:17 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Nice clear cut example, Tomatoes...good job.

I just logically thought it had merit...and was receiving too much criticism/ridicule.

!Lance No, it deserves ridicule.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:45 am

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Those were the 8 I listed this morning before the crap hit the fan. Each of those deserve their place on this team. Eric Lundquist, Scott Gunaca/Mike Williams and Donald Thompson are also in the Top 10 Lifetime Standings and deserve considerationHmmm sounds like a lot of fun. We have done both contests every year with the exception of missing the second WCOFF because we played in "The Draft", but we would only play if Greg let us shave his head after the NFFC won. If that is the case, you can count us in!

Viva Ambrosius!!!
[/QUOTE]Shaving my head wouldn't be any fun! That would grow right back. Shaving my moustache off would be worse!! :D

Glad to have FantasyJungle.com on board. You are an invited member to the NFFC team and we'd have some fun with this. I think the stars will eventually allign on this great idea.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:50 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I think the stars will eventually allign on this great idea. excellent!

tell lenny i'll sign up for his event next year if his all-stars beat us.

[ July 18, 2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:39 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

tell lenny i'll sign up for his event next year if his all-stars beat us. Tell Lenny the same for me too. :D

[ July 18, 2006, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:23 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

tell lenny i'll sign up for his event next year if his all-stars beat us. Why not just play in them both? Use your skill to build your FF $$$.

If not, why do some of you bash the other challenge? I really don't get that. I have played in the WCOFF since its first season and will continue to play in it.

Having said that, I was very excited to be part of the NFFC last year and now prefer the 14 team league concept but that does not mean these two events cannot co-exist and thrive because I think they both will and for a very long time to come.

I think this challenge will happen and be great for both challenges. The draft will be quite entertaining to say the least.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King