**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:10 am

I discussed this situation with another veteran member of the WCOFF yesterday and we both immediately agreed that Lenny would have no interest in this contest. And to be honest, if I was in his shoes, as the owner of WCOFF, neither would I.
For Players. By Players.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:11 am

GG ... I agree with your post's ... just can't imagin why a customer of Lenny's is only concerned about whats in it for the WCOFF and discounts the idea of fun and entertainment (isn't that the purpose of this ... fun and entertainment? What's going on over there? I may need to find this MB.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:15 am

Originally posted by Nag':
I discussed this situation with another veteran member of the WCOFF yesterday and we both immediately agreed that Lenny would have no interest in this contest. And to be honest, if I was in his shoes, as the owner of WCOFF, neither would I. I see Lenny's point of view here Nag ... but whats up with the players? ... I would have bet money you would be up for this in a heart beat. Why would this not be fun ... from the players perspective? You would be up for this ... wouldn't you?
Hakuna Matata!

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:22 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I see Lenny's point of view here Nag ... but whats up with the players? ... I would have bet money you would be up for this in a heart beat. Why would this not be fun ... from the players perspective? You would be up for this ... wouldn't you?Even though I have no interest in the typical message board rivalry leagues, I must admit that the WCOFF/NFFC league was an intriguing idea and I would likely be interested in participating in it, had I received an invitation.

Btw, here's a suggestion: you can get this off the ground without official WCOFF sign-off.
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:24 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Naggie - you once again assume your rightful position as the messenger of gloom and doom...SNAKE It's called reality, snakie. Not something you're very familiar with.
For Players. By Players.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:27 am

Btw, here's a suggestion: you can get this off the ground without official WCOFF sign-off. I can easily find thirteen of the "ELite" WCOFFers to play against the NFFC team. This would not be a problem at all. If that is what it takes, we can geterdone. It would be better if it was a team concept with "Lenny" as the coach to pick his own team vs Gregs choices. The idea loses its sparkle if it is done otherwise.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:53 am

Lenny already said no chance.
Unless I misread something.

That's OK, just make the offer every year. If they keep declining, just riducule all the owners as being "from that league that won't even play ours because they assume they will lose".

That's when you may see some competitive juices flying.

Another thing:
It doesn't have to be santioned by the WCOFF.

And another thing:
(edit out rant in favor of head-to-head play and awarding the team with the best record. Would be for another thread)

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:57 am

WOW , im very dissapointed in lenny's post.This could be a great event, and he goes into whats in it for me.You cant tell me his guys would love a shot at kicking are [email protected] not sure if greg is a big fan of lenny anyways, and if im right greg knows how the guy is ,doesnt want to hear no thanks, and give lenny that feeling of im the king. The players of WCOFF need to tell lenny how great this could be to have any chance.
GEKKO , made a lot of good points, if this can get off the ground, maybe espn, or something.
WHAT DOES wcoff stand for.
WILL CHICKEN OUT FOR FOOTBALL.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Matt Hooper

Post by Matt Hooper » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:01 am

Urban myths busted...

Q -- "Do WCOFFers cry when they lose?"
A -- WCOFFers cry no more than NFFCicants when it comes to losing...

Q -- Are WCOFFers 'arrogant and ignorant'?
A -- the same axiom could be made for *any* game's opponents that involve pride, money, and intelligence as a basis for enrollment...

Q -- Southerners get hives when travelling in the North East?
A -- unproven; but a cool rumor to keep the bumpkins home - where they should stay!
"Yer gonna need a bigger boat."