NFFC Trendsetters League: Setting The Trend

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:33 am

It's fixed now. You might have to close your browser and re-open to see the changes.
@RedRyder

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:30 am

Thanks Jules!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 am

Okay, let's get to Round 2 and see how that went. Here's Round 1 again so that you can see the owners' names:

NFBC Trendsetters League:
First Round:
1. Chris Johnson (Greg Morgan)
2. Ray Rice (Chris Gillman)
3. Adrian Peterson (John Reuss)
4. Maurice Jones-Drew (Wayne Ellis)
5. Andre Johnson (Glenn Lowy)
6. Frank Gore (Jeff Dawson)
7. Steven Jackson (Dan Thomas)
8. Jamaal Charles (Donnie D'Amico)
9. Miles Austin (Dave Gerczak)
10. Larry Fitzgerald (Billy Wasosky)
11. Roddy White (Matt Bayley)
12. Brandon Marshall (Jeff Clampitt)
13. Reggie Wayne (Rob Benetti)
14. Calvin Johnson (Mark Moyer)

Round 2:
15. DeAngelo Williams
16. Vincent Jackson
17. Drew Brees
18. Greg Jennings
19. Randy Moss
20. Rashard Mendenhall
21. DeSean Jackson
22. Steve Smith (NYG)
23. Aaron Rodgers
24. Michael Turner
25. Marques Colston
26. Steve Smith (CAR)
27. Matt Forte
28. Sidney Rice
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 am

Rob Benetti took Vincent Jackson at 16th overall, which was interesting. Here's what he had to say about VJ:

"I thought team 14 would take V Jax on the turn so I was a bit surprised he was there for me. I have him rated higher than Calvin Johnson mostly because of his situation. Rivers is an elite QB and Jackson is his go-to guy. Just like in round 1, I felt compelled to take Vincent Jackson."
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 am

Drew Brees was the first QB taken, 17th overall, by Jeff Clampitt. Here's what Jeff had to say here:

"I did this to stay ahead of the curve at one position. I really considered M.Turner here but with WR's at a premium I thought I'd still be OK at the RB position if I waited one round."

Jeff Dawson grabbed the only other QB in the second round, Aaron Rodgers, at 2.9. Here's his comments on that pick:

"I was eyeing a wr. the whole time,but the run was too long.I'm a firm believer of taking an Edge whenever possible and not buying last year stats.My turn and the wr I thought best fit was Sidney Rice.I like sidney and really think he can be a stud,but Farve?,AP,Percy,Visante and maybe Berrian bounces back,the true edge was clearly in Lambeau field and Mr. Rogers neighborhood."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 am

Randy Moss was an early first round pick last year, but fell to 2.5 in the Trendsetters League. Billy Wasosky grabbed him here and had this to say:

"I'm sorry, but I am not a believer that Wes Welker will play anywhere near his previous level in 2010. Moss is a freakin headcase, lazy, and sometimes disappears. However, he also has is a GAME CHANGING WR who has an outstanding QB and can drop a 30 pt game any week. Keep your head on straight and get paid one more time, Randy!!"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 am

Dave Gerczak grabbed Rashard Mendenhall at 2.6 as the ninth RB taken. Here's his comments:

"Parker will be gone and the Steelers have stated they want to run more. Rashard can actually catch and will get goalline, so I have a 3 down back on a playoff team with an explosive offense. Check. Check. Check."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:53 am

Who was the first Steve Smith taken in this draft? How about the one from the Giants? Dan Thomas took him at 2.8 and had this to say about him:

"I was set to take DeSean Jackson here but he went right in front of me. I expect Smith to have 90+ catches and hopefully he'll score a few times to. Didn't think he would come back to me."

John Reuss took the Carolina Steve Smith at 2.12 and had these comments:

"was hoping Colston would make it here, missed by one pick. So had to take S.Smith again a player who can have or put up huge games. So a Top RB and WR to start the draft."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 am

Glenn Lowy took Michael Turner at 2.10, one year after MT went 4th overall. Coming off an injury, here's what Glenn had to say about Turner:

"s my pick approached, I was looking at Turner, who I thought was great value at 2-10, or Aaron Rodgers, again looking to create an edge at another position. Jeff grabbed Rodgers, making this an easy pick for me. Limited upside, but pretty much a sure bet if healthy."