NFFC Trendsetters League: Setting The Trend

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:51 am

Jeff Clampitt took Joseph Addai next and the Colts' fan had this to say about Addai: "J.Addai is a great value here. He finished top 10 last year among RB's in this scoring format and should be very close to that again in 2010. D.Brown isn't really a threat to Addai IMO until 2011."
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 am

Matt Bayley made Dallas Clark the first tight end off the board early in the third round and said about Clark: "again, good offense, great QB, safe pick... early for TE but better to get a good one now rather than chase some questionable guys later."
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:56 am

Dave Gerczak took Philip Rivers at 3.06 as the fourth QB taken and had this to say about Rivers:

"I love Rivers in 2010 for a few reasons. 1. No LT, means possibly more passing. Even with a 1st round rookie, River matures a little more and they rely on him. 2. His weapons: Gates, V Jax, and all those other tall-ass MOFOs like Nenee, Floyd, etc. (assuming they all stay) 3. The schedule: AFC West, plus NFC West, plus AFC South = holy **** Batman. Lots of shootouts."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 am

Hah, the system caught that "holy sh*t Batman" quote Dave!! :D But we get your point!! :D Good stuff.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 am

Dan Thomas took Shonn Greene at 3.08 before Thomas Jones was let go. Now he really looks like a solid pick. Here's what Dan had to say in February about this pick: "If Thomas Jones goes this was a steal the way the Jets run the ball. When I was picking at 2.8 I had Greene and Smith and I thought Greene had a better chance to make it back to me so I was very happy with this pick."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:00 am

Glenn Lowy took the next QB -- Tom Brady -- at 3.10 and said: "I considered several different players & positions with this pick. I ultimately went with Brady because of his upper echelon upside. He's still the player that was being grabbed in many 1st rounds last year and John Reuss guaranteed that Wes Welker will be back as good as ever next year... ;) "

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 am

Ochocinco went to Wayne Ellis at 3.11 and Wayne had this to say in February: "I was really torn between Ochocinco and Anquan Boldin. There is so much uncertainty around Boldin this year. I don't trust Leinart and he might even get traded. I once again went with the safe pick in Ochocinco. He is good for 7-9 touchdowns every year and 1050-1450 yards. The addition of Matt Jones could really help Chad out this year."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 am

Greg Morgan closed out the third round -- end of 3RR -- by taking Cedric Benson and has this to say: "Felt certain that Shonn Greene would be here. I was wrong. Benson was the best RB on the board, so I rolled with him."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 am

Any feedback on Round Three?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 am

Ah, what the heck, let's see how the fifth round closed out in February. I'll look for fourth round comments tomorrow. I saw that two rookies were drafted in this round and wanted to post the results. Here you go through five rounds:

NFBC Trendsetters League:
First Round:
1. Chris Johnson (Greg Morgan)
2. Ray Rice (Chris Gillman)
3. Adrian Peterson (John Reuss)
4. Maurice Jones-Drew (Wayne Ellis)
5. Andre Johnson (Glenn Lowy)
6. Frank Gore (Jeff Dawson)
7. Steven Jackson (Dan Thomas)
8. Jamaal Charles (Donnie D'Amico)
9. Miles Austin (Dave Gerczak)
10. Larry Fitzgerald (Billy Wasosky)
11. Roddy White (Matt Bayley)
12. Brandon Marshall (Jeff Clampitt)
13. Reggie Wayne (Rob Benetti)
14. Calvin Johnson (Mark Moyer)

Second Round:
15. DeAngelo Williams
16. Vincent Jackson
17. Drew Brees
18. Greg Jennings
19. Randy Moss
20. Rashard Mendenhall
21. DeSean Jackson
22. Steve Smith (NYG)
23. Aaron Rodgers
24. Michael Turner
25. Marques Colston
26. Steve Smith (CAR)
27. Matt Forte
28. Sidney Rice

Third Round: (3RR, Team 14-1 this round)
29. Peyton Manning (Team 14, Mark Moyer)
30. Pierre Thomas (Team 13)
31. Joseph Addai
32. Dallas Clark
33. Ryan Grant
34. Phillip Rivers
35. Dwayne Bowe
36. Shonn Greene
37. Santonio Holmes
38. Tom Brady
39. Chad Johnson
40. Jonathon Stewart
41. Anquan Boldin
42. Cedric Benson (Team 1)

Fourth Round:
43. Antonio Gates (Team 1)
44. Matt Schaub
45. Hines Ward
46. Tony Romo
47. Knowson Moreno
48. Michael Crabtree
49. Pierre Garcon
50. Felix Jones
51. Chris Wells
52. Ben Roethlisberger
53. Jay Cutler
54. Mike Sims Walker
55. Vernon Davis
56. Donald Driver

Fifth Round:
57. Rookie 1
58. Eli Manning
59. Ronnie Brown
60. Jason Witten
61. Fred Jackson
62. Rookie 2
63. Jermichael Finley
64. Donovan McNabb
65. LeSean McCoy
66. Jerome Harrison
67. Tony Gonzalez
68. Wes Welker
69. TJ Houshmanzadeh
70. Thomas Jones

Thoughts?