3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:15 pm

Originally posted by renman:
Sportsbettingman,

You made a good point. Think about how many people put so much value in mock drafts they read prior to the season. Now if we went 3RR those mock drafts would not provide the same info. I know you can still see how players are being valued but 3RR changes drafting strategies and thus the predicted sequence of picks. Think about how this is an opportunity for all info companies to sell more product and have something NEW to talk about instead of the same old redundant stuff.

Think about all the free NFFC pub that will come from the new articles debating this.

Think about all those 14-team fence sitters that will now jump in because they think the draft is more fair, especially those that have ALWAYS played in 12-team leagues.

Think about the data on both boards and how Greg can use this to his advantage.

I see MDC being the only one jumping on this right away and they will easily show 3rr adp lists.

[ November 30, 2006, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 pm

Renman = follower

UFS = leader
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:23 pm

UFS,

I agree with just about everything you said here. All great points. There is the possibility that this can set the NFFC aside from the very crowded fantasy football community. The only negative is that I think many of the local home league or yahoo league type players may not really feel or know about the "unfairness" that has been debated here on the boards of the high stakes leagues. Also, some in those leagues like the luck of the draw setting that might allow you to "hit the lottery" and have that small advantage over others in your league.

However, you made a ton of great points in that post.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:24 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Again, I haven't decided to do 3RR/KDS in 2007, but if I do we'll PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! It will be a selling tool for the NFFC, not a crutch. It's like reading an NFL injury report. I'd say 3RR has been upgraded from doubtful to probable. Barring a setback ... :D [/QUOTE].

I can hear some far of crying coming from all the sheep who rely on magazines and websites for "ADP" draft prep...now they'd better start calling/emailing these favorite sites of theirs to get them on board with this new change...otherwise the mags/websites lose value to this drafting style.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]At least in the short term, it won't effect these people at all. If they are intimidated by this format they will simpply choose one of the many other FF alternatives that are out there. The real "sheep" will be those who choose this alternative and for whatever reason didn't know/understand this change prior to draft day. And believe me, regardless of all valiant efforts to educate the masses, some will still show up uninitiated. :eek:

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
[ And believe me, regardless of all valiant efforts to educate the masses, some will still show up uninitiated. :eek: And some people show up drunk for the main event

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Gekko = Fixated on and addicted to mocking Renman like some are addicted to crack.

Renman = Clearly reached puberty and finds that stuff boring and silly.

Gekko,

Here is a perfect example of you for no reason feel this sad need to attack me and whine about me. Don't you get bored of it? Don't you think it is kind of childish? We have some healthy fantasy football discussion going on here. Maybe you are bored. If you want to have a taste of having some NFFC action during this point of the season, I can let you use my password and set my lineup this week. Would that make you less inclinded to try to disrupt things here?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:40 pm

Sportsbettingman,

You made a good point. Think about how many people put so much value in mock drafts they read prior to the season. Now if we went 3RR those mock drafts would not provide the same info. I know you can still see how players are being valued but 3RR changes drafting strategies and thus the predicted sequence of picks. I don't see how 3RR is gonna have much effect on ADP. It might shift Manning from the late 2nd round to the early third, but beyond that everyone is basically taking the best available RB/WR/TE on the board thru 3 rounds.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Gekko = Fixated on and addicted to mocking Renman like some are addicted to crack.

Renman = Clearly reached puberty and finds that stuff boring and silly.

Gekko,

Here is a perfect example of you for no reason feel this sad need to attack me and whine about me. Don't you get bored of it? Don't you think it is kind of childish? We have some healthy fantasy football discussion going on here. Maybe you are bored. If you want to have a taste of having some NFFC action during this point of the season, I can let you use my password and set my lineup this week. Would that make you less inclinded to try to disrupt things here? renman's giving you an easy layup here gekk, can you figure out his password... ?? :D

Q

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
renman's giving you an easy layup here gekk, can you figure out his password... ?? :D

Q waffle or waffleshop :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
[ And believe me, regardless of all valiant efforts to educate the masses, some will still show up uninitiated. :eek: And some people show up drunk for the main event [/QUOTE]LOL...yeah, that too