3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks UYT!
I do try to add things to discussions, but this topic is what I tend to laugh at because it comes every year after some owners feel that teams drafting 1 or 2 or maybe 3 have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. Show some historical data that shows winners draft top 3 each year and I will listen, but it just isn't true. The draft is won due to a solid draft and one pick doesn't make that draft. Had the guys in my league not left Gore for me at 3.12 or Deuce for me at 7.12 I wouldn't have won, but they did so I look smarter. The guys that win with LT are the ones that have a solid draft. It's unfair to those that have solid drafts to try and hinder them even more. Just seems silly to throw out data in week 11 from a guy averaging over 30 points and try and get an entire contest changed over 1 player having 1 dream season. Show something that says year after year the #1 or 2 picks win it all and it's unfair and I will jump on board, but they don't and IMO it doesn't need to be changed and it sounds whiny to me. I hope this added something to the board for you as I intend to join the NFFC next year and will be a part of the boards and hope to make plenty of good friends. :rolleyes:

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:46 pm

Hard head, this debate has been going on for more than 3 yrs, including offseasons each year -it is a fundamental problem. There is tons of data that shows a natural advantage for the few top slots every single year.

3RR isn't the perfect solution - auctions are - but there aren't enough auction players yet.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Hard heads,

One year in a local league ... we picked a new draft order every two rounds ... it was a lot of fun ... no one got upset (although it was only 10 teams).

I think it's funny that some guys who don't think order is that important seem to get pretty bent out of shape when someone wants to tweek it.

I would think your response would be it doesn't really matter if the order changes. It seams like someone with your take would be "Lets get a new order every two rounds for all I care ... I'll wax you guys anyway!"

Just a thought.
Hakuna Matata!

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:54 pm

I will draft however in whatever order I am told to, I am just the old fashioned type, If it ain't broke don't fix it, and I don't see anything broken. Not saying any of you are wrong for discussing this, I just don't see it in any of the data presented. Just my two cents. I will drop it and watch you guys go crazy trying to get the rest of the cattle to follow along. I wish you well and see you in Vegas if that is where you draft.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
I will draft however in whatever order I am told to, I am just the old fashioned type, If it ain't broke don't fix it, and I don't see anything broken. Not saying any of you are wrong for discussing this, I just don't see it in any of the data presented. Just my two cents. I will drop it and watch you guys go crazy trying to get the rest of the cattle to follow along. I wish you well and see you in Vegas if that is where you draft. I'm a Viking fan ... discussing stupid fantasy football topics is all I got left this year :D
Hakuna Matata!

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 pm

Vikings? I didn't know there fans really existed! Sorry my Niners whooped ya by 2 scores.
Been a true up and down year for the Vikes. We both still have slim, but fading playoff hopes, but I would almost rather see one more solid low 1st round draft slot before next year when we win the division again.
I am left tonight wondering what could have been after Ocho Cincos blazing start only to finish with 1 more catch for 4 yards. :confused:

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Vikings? I didn't know there fans really existed! Sorry my Niners whooped ya by 2 scores.
Been a true up and down year for the Vikes. We both still have slim, but fading playoff hopes, but I would almost rather see one more solid low 1st round draft slot before next year when we win the division again.
I am left tonight wondering what could have been after Ocho Cincos blazing start only to finish with 1 more catch for 4 yards. :confused: At least the 49's seem like their moving foward. The Vikings seem lost. It might have something to do with paying their linemen more than their skill positions ... I just hope they get direction with the new ownership.
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:11 pm

It never fails for me, a last second move will turn out badly. I benched Mason for Crayton 5 minutes before game time. Mason catches a long, last second TD pass because the CB falls down!
:mad:

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:15 pm

HARD HEADS welcome to the greatest show on turf.
I myself like the 3rrkds, it seems like every year their is a couple guys who avg 25 to 30 points a game.Have you seen the stats of the guys picking 1, 2 , and 3.Almost half have a chance of the playoffs , or there already in.
By the way im one of the seven guys in the 23 leagues who took TOMILSON.
Anyways nice to have you HARD HEADS.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:20 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
It never fails for me, a last second move will turn out badly. I benched Mason for Crayton 5 minutes before game time. Mason catches a long, last second TD pass because the CB falls down!
:mad: I started Chris Henry tonight, so I know the feeling. :(