3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:22 am

Originally posted by renman:
Gekko,

This year one player is having the greatest season in the history of fantasy football. Can we at least admit that and admit this is not the norm and does not happen every year or actually ANY year prior to this one? lol I don't have the data, nor the time this morning to look for it and I believe it has been pointed out before, but there have been players in the past that have put up huge numbers. It is not just LT2 this year. What about SA last year setting the TD mark? Or the year Priest Holmes set the TD mark fo RB's? Peyton's record breaking year? Marshall Faulk was pretty dominating.

I also think with the RBBC more prevalent, it will make the single back studs stand out even more in the future.
@RedRyder

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 am

Quahogs,

Whether it is 14 team or 12 team leagues the major point is that we all had done serpentine drafts before. We all have gone into drafts knowing the roster size, the scoring rules, the bench size, the linup requirements. I do not think the 14 team league size changed much of how one approaches a draft. I had never done a 14 team league before the NFFC and won my league. What a 14 team league does do is challenge people to find depth because the talent goes faster.

More specifically, a 14 team league is not going to change who is taken with the first couple picks. The reality of the situation is that there was not advantage that year being at the top. The numbers don't lie do they? The reason the 2005 and 2006 numbers are so stark is we have had a couple RB's have epic seasons from the top of the draft board. Other years the players at the top of the board do not do well.

I honestly think the trend in the NFFC has to MOVE AWAY from pounding RBs early.

Red Ryder,

I know there have been other dominant seasons by players. I just am not sure there has been a season where one player was SO dominant over all others. In past years, where top picked RB's had big years, other RB's had big years too and were not far behind. I think well over half the first round picks this year have been busts. So that in and of itself makes the impact of LT and even LJ on a smaller level more stark.

You are right that the numberous RBBC situations also make LT and LJ (and the few other productive starting RB's Gore, Jackson, etc) stand out...

Peyton Manning was a second round pick that year in 2004 in many leagues. I think we are more talking about one or two studs at the top of the draft that only a couple people had access to. Even with Manning having this crazy year Culpepper was not far behind him if I am not mistaken (I am not a stat guy).

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:46 am

I honestly think the trend in the NFFC has to MOVE AWAY from pounding RBs early.

why ?? unless you change the scoring format this is not going to happen. And im pretty sure the scoring format is not going to change

Q

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:47 am

Renman - you are a windbag who is being exposed. Thanks
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:49 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
I also think with the RBBC more prevalent, it will make the single back studs stand out even more in the future. I mentioned this a few days ago as well. While there have always been dominant players every year, the fall-off from Tier One to Tiers Two and Three has been dramatic in 2005 and 2006.

In my mind, there's no question about it: the advent of RBBC has changed fantasy football and made the top picks more valuable than ever.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:56 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Renman - you are a windbag who is being exposed. Thanks gekko being gekko...lol "exposed" for what? And what are you thanking me for?

Back to football,

King,

I agree with that. If this RBBC thing continues going forward (and I think it will) then the studs like LT and LJ will be even more dominant.

[ December 01, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:31 am

[/QB]Huh???? Please elaborate...seems RBBC will make dominant RB's even MORE important to have... :confused:

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:45 am

Renman....your invitation to join the MB "posse" is hereby revoked on the charges of:

You officially argue with more people on these boards than BWazz and Snake combined. :eek:

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:47 am

Riff,

I actually deleted a longer post to Quahogs that broke down my theory as I thought it best to keep it to myself given it has been successful. lol

I know several NFFC players who agree with me on this. I never said NO RB's would be taken early, what I am saying is that I think the trend is toward more attention being given to some WR's as opposed to everyone blindly getting into this conga line of taking nothing but RBs early.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:29 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Renman....your invitation to join the MB "posse" is hereby revoked on the charges of:

You officially argue with more people on these boards than BWazz and Snake combined. :eek: Thats funny because I can't think of ONE person I am arguing with. Gekko chases me around the board some to mock but he is fixated on me, not me on him. Who am I arguing with?