kjduke

3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

Post by kjduke » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:41 am

Greg, how 'bout posting 3RR draft order

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:42 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, how 'bout posting 3RR draft order I don't have everyone's KDS.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:44 am

Renman....it was a joke buddy. :D

Hey..back to the topic. I just saw on the leaderboard that the owner drafting from the #1 hole in NY7 took LJ...then got Boldin and Manning at the turn. 3RR should do a better job of preventing this from occuring. This is one of those instances where one team gains a decided advantage after 3 round because they drafted in a league that didn't protect the wrap around spots.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:47 am

Originally posted by renman:
Riff,

I actually deleted a longer post to Quahogs that broke down my theory as I thought it best to keep it to myself given it has been successful. lol

I know several NFFC players who agree with me on this. I never said NO RB's would be taken early, what I am saying is that I think the trend is toward more attention being given to some WR's as opposed to everyone blindly getting into this conga line of taking nothing but RBs early. Ren, it may be just semantics but I believe, on average, 8-10 players other than RB's were taken in the 1st two rounds this year in the NFFC Main Event Leagues; therefore I assumed that was somewhat the basis of your definition of "pounding RB's early". Which would also assume you would mean moving away from that would mean a much larger number (>8-10) of NON RB's would be selected in rounds 1 and 2 going forward, without a change to the scoring format; but no need for you to further elaborate as I'm certainly not attempting to extract any strategy from you.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:59 am

Route C,

Trust me, none of the silliness that goes on here from time to time bothers me in the least. If it did you would see me begging for acceptance and not speaking my mind.

There is no doubt that 3RR helps in seasons like this one where one or two dominant players (that are far superior to the rest of the first round picks) impact the event so much. I am wondering how it impacts the middle picks and how it impacts a season where (and we have had them in the past) there is not a huge distance between the top picks and others in the first round.

Riff,

I know you were not looking to extract strategy...lol My main point was that 2004 is a completely reasonable season to count as legit "data" on how fair or unfair certain draft positions are. We hear about 2005 and 2006 because it supports the agenda of those who want change. They have been mysteriously quiet about 2004 and I speculated that meant data from that season did not support their agenda. I guess that is the case.

Some were arguing (poorly) that in some way those numbers should be thrown out because so few had done 14 team leagues before. The bottom line is that in 2004 there was no advantage to being in the top portion of the draft board. I stand by my opinions in my other post about how a 14 team league does not change the first few picks and we all had done serpentine drafts and knew what we were doing.

I wonder how 3RR would impact a fantasy football season like 2004.

[ December 01, 2006, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:00 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, how 'bout posting 3RR draft order I don't have everyone's KDS. [/QUOTE]Just draw Senor - next time maybe they will get them in on time - everyone has to draft somewhere

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:38 am

I wonder how 3RR would impact a fantasy football season like 2004. If you're so concerned, get off your butt and do the research yourself.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

I wonder how 3RR would impact a fantasy football season like 2004. If you're so concerned, get off your butt and do the research yourself.
[/QUOTE]ROFLMAO :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 am

UFS,

Sigh, more hostility for no reason. Shocker. I am not THAT concerned. I thought this thread was designed for us to brain storm and throw out ideas about the 3RR/KDS concept. Why my words are so threatening is beyond me. I am not a stat guy or a computer expert nearly on the level that some here are so I threw the idea out.

I am so incredibly sorry this bothered you so much UFS. I truly and sincerely apologize.

How dare I.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 am

There is no doubt that 3RR helps in seasons like this one where one or two dominant players (that are far superior to the rest of the first round picks) impact the event so much. I am wondering how it impacts the middle picks and how it impacts a season where (and we have had them in the past) there is not a huge distance between the top picks and others in the first round.Why would this even matter to you as you have pointed out on numerous occasions that we only know how good a draft spot will be in hindsight?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...