3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:49 am

Originally posted by renman:
UFS,

Sigh, more hostility for no reason. Shocker. I am not THAT concerned. I thought this thread was designed for us to brain storm and throw out ideas about the 3RR/KDS concept. Why my words are so threatening is beyond me. I am not a stat guy or a computer expert nearly on the level that some here are so I threw the idea out.

I am so incredibly sorry this bothered you so much UFS. I truly and sincerely apologize.

How dare I. Since you're now so self aware, why haven't you realized by now......... why even bother?

Greg, FYI.. the IGNORE feature isn't working.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:52 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
There is no doubt that 3RR helps in seasons like this one where one or two dominant players (that are far superior to the rest of the first round picks) impact the event so much. I am wondering how it impacts the middle picks and how it impacts a season where (and we have had them in the past) there is not a huge distance between the top picks and others in the first round.Why would this even matter to you as you have pointed out on numerous occasions that we only know how good a draft spot will be in hindsight? [/QUOTE]He says "no doubt", and then says he does no research on things like this.

KJ, please send me the meds you had to go on.

GG, get out the waffle iron!!!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:03 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

I wonder how 3RR would impact a fantasy football season like 2004. If you're so concerned, get off your butt and do the research yourself.
[/QUOTE]UFS = Unidentified Flying SLAM

didnt see that one coming :D

Q

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:04 am

UFS,

Sigh, more hostility for no reason. I wasn't being hostile.

I was being truthful.

Thought you could relate to that.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:09 am

I, like I'm sure are many others, am involved in Leagues outside NFFC. For me those leagues include Fantasy Jungle and a couple Antsports based leagues. In preparing (although the results don't always indicate preparation!!) for the NFFC drafts I went down a more or less parallel path similar to the other leagues. IF NFFC enacts the 3RR/KDS alternative do others see a material difference in preparing for NFFC drafts and those drafts that use the standard serpentine style format. Intuitively, it seems that completely changing the draft order after the 1st two rounds would require a somewhat significantly different prepartion path for all draft slots, excepting possibly 7 and 8. Thoughts??

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:16 am

4D,

Thoroughly investigating this concept is definately important to me because I really enjoy the NFFC. Just because I feel the advantages of certain parts of a draft board are difficult to predict and generally (this and last season not withstanding) are minor does not mean I can't be into 3RR/KDS. I am confident the powers that be will make the right call. I feel I will be a competitive player no matter what format we use.

UFS,

If you post about me and whine about me and make efforts to complain about me it sort of becomes a fact you are not ignoring me.

UFS, normally I would ignore a teen level post like that but I will address it because I think it shows that a few guys get so whipped into a frenzy here they get unreasonable. I said...

"THIS SEASON there is NO DOUBT that 3RR would even things out some."

You whined about this statement. Yet it is 100% accurate. You need to do "research" to know that making the 3rd round picks lesser players would even things out some? Are you serious? So why whine? Does that name "renman" impact you so much that if I say the sky is blue you will begrudgingly accept that or maybe even argue otherwise? Are you guys ever going to stop?

Quahogs,

I have no idea why the "slams" come but they sure make you shake your head. lol

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:22 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
I, like I'm sure are many others, am involved in Leagues outside NFFC. For me those leagues include Fantasy Jungle and a couple Antsports based leagues. In preparing (although the results don't always indicate preparation!!) for the NFFC drafts I went down a more or less parallel path similar to the other leagues. IF NFFC enacts the 3RR/KDS alternative do others see a material difference in preparing for NFFC drafts and those drafts that use the standard serpentine style format. Intuitively, it seems that completely changing the draft order after the 1st two rounds would require a somewhat significantly different prepartion path for all draft slots, excepting possibly 7 and 8. Thoughts?? If you are this involved, you can adjust to anything imo. It will still be about value at each pick.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:23 am

I, like I'm sure are many others, am involved in Leagues outside NFFC. For me those leagues include Fantasy Jungle and a couple Antsports based leagues. In preparing (although the results don't always indicate preparation!!) for the NFFC drafts I went down a more or less parallel path similar to the other leagues. IF NFFC enacts the 3RR/KDS alternative do others see a material difference in preparing for NFFC drafts and those drafts that use the standard serpentine style format. Intuitively, it seems that completely changing the draft order after the 1st two rounds would require a somewhat significantly different prepartion path for all draft slots, excepting possibly 7 and 8. Thoughts?? That's an interesting take. Good thinking out of the box.

Just like every draft ... you need to be flexable because all drafts have a life of their own. You have needs and look at what players are available. If your planning your draft from the 13 slot ... you will be in the 2 slot after the first two rounds ... so you will plan the likelyhood of the first two picks and then plan it like you have the 2 slot. Shouldn't be any more work IMO.

It'll just be a lot better to be in the 13 slot with 3RR.
Hakuna Matata!

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:23 am

I, like I'm sure are many others, am involved in Leagues outside NFFC. For me those leagues include Fantasy Jungle and a couple Antsports based leagues. In preparing (although the results don't always indicate preparation!!) for the NFFC drafts I went down a more or less parallel path similar to the other leagues. IF NFFC enacts the 3RR/KDS alternative do others see a material difference in preparing for NFFC drafts and those drafts that use the standard serpentine style format. Intuitively, it seems that completely changing the draft order after the 1st two rounds would require a somewhat significantly different prepartion path for all draft slots, excepting possibly 7 and 8. Thoughts?? Great question, I am not sure. I think the biggest change for me might be trying to project what others will do on the draft board. If I am in a position on the board (say 3rd or 4th pick or 9th-10th pick) where projecting what others will do before I pick again might lead to me taking one player over another I could see some strategy changes.

But many go into these drafts just taking the best player they need at a position they think is important or has the talent draining away and when it is their turn, they will take the best player there regardless of draft format.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:39 am

"THIS SEASON there is NO DOUBT that 3RR would even things out some."

You whined about this statement. Yet it is 100% accurate. You need to do "research" to know that making the 3rd round picks lesser players would even things out some? Are you serious? So why whine? Does that name "renman" impact you so much that if I say the sky is blue you will begrudgingly accept that or maybe even argue otherwise? Are you guys ever going to stop?

lol Don't view this as "piling on", but ironically I'm not 100% convinced this would have been the case THIS year. "Many" draftors in the early slots would have "missed out" on drafting Chambers or Droughns or Foster and got "stuck" with TJ or Driver or Walker or Mcallister or Addai. Then they would have had to take another out of this group, while missing out on Galloway, Horn etc. Point is, I still do not believe this causes much harm to the early draft slots and does help the later slots at the expense of the Mid-early slots.