One Key To Winning A Title: Find The Right WR3

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 am

Snake I love Hester as my #3 wr,but I am proclaiming he will put up at least #2 wr points...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:44 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Greg,

NOW THATS THE KIND OF FOOTBALL TALK I MISS! Great stuff. That is how hard core football discussions get sparked. I really enjoyed that read. With so many industry people pushing for the WR early strategy I wonder if now is the time to zag when everyone else is zigging. Thanks James. Tom and I are doing everything we can to keep the football talk going. We have 40+ members on the boards each day. Now we just need more input on the discussions. Feel free to jump into the waters more often and keep it going.

Perry is doing a great job with the MB mock draft and Tom and I will continue to write columns and feature the 32 NFL Teams In 32 Days series. We'll provide the content and the start of the MB talk, but we're looking for more folks to join us. Let's get as many opinions as possible here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 am

I guess I don't get it. Why would you think that you are drafting a WR3 between picks 29-42 (round #3). Did you take WR1 and WR2 in the first two rounds? WR3 looks more likely during picks 43-56.

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 am

And Snake is taking his QB in the second round so that pushes your WR3 out to pick #57+.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
I guess I don't get it. Why would you think that you are drafting a WR3 between picks 29-42 (round #3). Did you take WR1 and WR2 in the first two rounds? I've seen more WR-WR starts this year than ever before, Mike. Especially if you're at the back end of the first round. The possibility of grabbing two among the group of Moss, Calvin, Smith, Wayne, Jennings, White and Boldin is pretty tempting in a PPR format. The quality of talent at RB available in the third and fourth rounds makes this strategy even more appealing in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
I guess I don't get it. Why would you think that you are drafting a WR3 between picks 29-42 (round #3). Did you take WR1 and WR2 in the first two rounds? WR3 looks more likely during picks 43-56. 29-42 are the WR rank, not the overall player rank.

Curious, do you really think they were saying the 29th pick is Bernard Berrian and then the next 13 picks are also WR's? :confused:

Out of the 29-42, Crabtree appeals to me the most. ;)
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL