Odds to win NFFC overall Contest

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Let's keep track
OVERALL WINNERS- Camp - Who does better in 2008.
GG(Mark)- Nag'(Alex)
:D
I'm not interested in these "contests". It's not that I think Gekko is better than Rob or vise versa. Rob offered Gekko 3/1 odds that he finishes better. At those odds, I'll take a one eyed monkey with a 4 month old cheatsheet. Its simply a value bet.
For Players. By Players.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
I hacked his computer and stole his cheat sheets. I'll admit it. Guilty as charged. :rolleyes: OK. Now this is getting big.
Russ, did you poach Gordon's sleeper for your rankings?
[/QUOTE]But ofcourse! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:24 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Let's keep track
OVERALL WINNERS- Camp - Who does better in 2008.
GG(Mark)- Nag'(Alex)
:D
I'm not interested in these "contests". It's not that I think Gekko is better than Rob or vise versa. Rob offered Gekko 3/1 odds that he finishes better. At those odds, I'll take a one eyed monkey with a 4 month old cheatsheet. Its simply a value bet.
[/QUOTE]...but alas, GiGi herself won't accept this wager?!?...hhmmmmm, very interesting...hehehe...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]This shouldn't surprise you...
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:31 am

And to clarify, I'm also in Go Gettas camp.

I simply don't like the bragging that comes forth by some on the boards.

If someone wants to feel good about last year, that is fine. But to act like they are better than others 2 and 3 years removed from their hey day seems a bit much to me.

This hobby can be humbling from year to year (for most).

Enjoy your success, just don't let it go to your head.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:09 am

Alex,

To clear this up. I was willing to offer GG odds if HE wagered with me. I was not considering opening that action up to the crowd unless it was with no odds. The 3/2 opening line at first and then 3/1(moved based on prodding from GG, I actually thought he was egging me on to get better odds then he wussed out?) on GG was for him only.

If you want to take GG for the NFFC Main, 16 week point totals it will be straight up. You want to back GG? $100 is fine.

If you want to do the same heads up, fine for $100. (my resources aren't as deep as you game providers but 100 I can swing) ;)
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:37 am

Entertaining.

Lets face it no one has emerged as a truly dominating force in NFFC yet. But I know I'd like to believe the best players at this are better than a 100-1 shot to win the OA. Otherwise the differences in skill aren't really revealed (or not enough exist) in this format to improve the odds above the average players enough. I guess for me to ever become a big believer in Draft style fantasy football games I want to see some of the best owners consistently be in the hunt. Something like what happens at NFBC baseball draft leagues where I think I've gathered that there are a few players who appear to hold a very significant edge over the majority of the field. Seeing dominance would encourage me to believe that I just need to improve my football draft skills and I could join them someday. Absence of dominance worries me that the atainable ceiling wouldn't really satisfy me if I reached it.

So I'd like to see Billy or Gekko or Ted or Go Getta put a few more great years together...To me that would be encouraging.

[ August 05, 2008, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Fast Whip ]
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
And to clarify, I'm also in Go Gettas camp.

I simply don't like the bragging that comes forth by some on the boards.

If someone wants to feel good about last year, that is fine. But to act like they are better than others 2 and 3 years removed from their hey day seems a bit much to me.

This hobby can be humbling from year to year (for most).

Enjoy your success, just don't let it go to your head. That's fine, you can be in Go Gettas camp as well, but you can only wear black and silver, while in His camp. Or else! :D

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 am

LFW,

I agree. Time is the only way to judge whether or not someone has more skill than another when engaging in a hobby that at times, is similar to predicting the weather.

Every year though, the historical data will bring us closer to meaningful results that may show a pattern of play.

I hope to be playing for another 30-40 years.

GG - After the 2044 season we will add up our total cummulitive scores from all of the main events and see who is better. The winner gets a free entry into the 2045 NFFC Main. Deal?

[ August 05, 2008, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King