"Final" Mid season format

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:22 am

First of all I think this a great idea for a one league format. Its always fun to try a new idea.

I can see why Greg wouldn't want to do it though. The two main problems are to run a bid for draft position before the event you'd have to cut off signups early. That would cost them in signups so thats not a good thing. If you tried to do the bid at the draft setting up the seating ahead of time goes out the window. You'd have all these leagues trying to rearrange themselves in three different cities. Figuring the time to collect the bids sort them out and doing coin tosses to break ties would add too much time and hassle for those running the event. For a one league draft though its a great twist added.

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:24 am

Any showcase of bids should be posted post-draft.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:28 am

Nnoy, why would post-draft have any importance?
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:33 am

The only way to do this on a large scale is to have the bids for each slot part of the application. Once the app is submitted, they can't be changed.

This way, all the info is in up front.

Greg/Tom randomly place owners into leagues, and then process the bids.

A showcase of ALL bids should be post draft, but we do have to know what the winning bids are before.

If the guy who gets Holmes bid $800, I for sure would take his back up a round earlier knowing he can only spend $200. That's all part of the strategy of this.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:40 am

[QUOTE]If the guy who gets Holmes bid $800, I for sure would take his back up a round earlier knowing he can only spend $200. That's all part of the strategy of this.[QUOTE]

Excellent pt.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:45 am

Can anyone help out a computer idiot? I can't seem to figure out how to paste quotes and get them to come out like the more intelligent MB regulars. I read the UBB Code page and thought I did it correctly. As you can see, I still need some help.
Thanks
RC

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:46 am

select the message you want to quote, click the " " icon at the top of that particular message and the quote will come up for you... move the cursor to after the quote and type away.

D

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:47 am

Originally posted by UFS:
The only way to do this on a large scale is to have the bids for each slot part of the application. Once the app is submitted, they can't be changed.

A showcase of ALL bids should be post draft, but we do have to know what the winning bids are before.

If the guy who gets Holmes bid $800, I for sure would take his back up a round earlier knowing he can only spend $200. That's all part of the strategy of this. I don't get it... if someone bids $800 for the first spot and takes Priest Holmes, then you'd draft Blaylock in the 17th round instead of the 18th round? What am I missing?

Dave

johnbriganti

Post by johnbriganti » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:17 am

I'd like to join, but I don't get this Bid thing!
It doesn't matter to me where I draft - so I bid 0 I guess.

You guys can email me at [email protected] if you need to.

John Briganti
Johnny Football

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:34 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:

If the guy who gets Holmes bid $800, I for sure would take his back up a round earlier knowing he can only spend $200. That's all part of the strategy of this. I don't get it... if someone bids $800 for the first spot and takes Priest Holmes, then you'd draft Blaylock in the 17th round instead of the 18th round? What am I missing?

Dave
[/QUOTE]That's about it... Let's say I'm #9. When it's coming back down in Rd 14? 16?, I might start taking handcuffs of 1-2-3-4 picks.

If their top player goes down, I already know he can't bid more than $200.

In the end, it looks like those that spend will have to handcuff earlier. LOL. Another minus to that strategy.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.