"Final" Mid season format

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:56 am

Ok, fair enough - trying to figure out why the $200 was any factor at all. I wouldn't draft Blaylock if I didn't own Priest Holmes in 99 out of 100 drafts I was in... but I could see plopping down $201 to keep him from being picked up if Priest got banged up 3 weeks later. I don't consider Blaylock to be particularly worthy of a roster spot ;)

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:03 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Ok, fair enough - trying to figure out why the $200 was any factor at all. I wouldn't draft Blaylock if I didn't own Priest Holmes in 99 out of 100 drafts I was in... but I could see plopping down $201 to keep him from being picked up if Priest got banged up 3 weeks later. I don't consider Blaylock to be particularly worthy of a roster spot ;)

Dave I kinda of agree with you, but he's now more likely to be a draft roster spot in this format.

You could even draft him, waive him, and make that guy spend more money. LOL.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:01 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
select the message you want to quote, click the " " icon at the top of that particular message and the quote will come up for you... move the cursor to after the quote and type away.

D It looks like I can be taught>
Thanks Dyv

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:07 am

Dave

Is there any way for those who've paid up to get a password now or are we waiting for all.
Just wanted to navigate the draft room if possible.

RC

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:30 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Dave

Is there any way for those who've paid up to get a password now or are we waiting for all.
Just wanted to navigate the draft room if possible.

RC RC, I'd love to - let me google the hell out of the internet and see if I can find another draft format... the downside of the fanball system is that it looks like I have to enter each team owner while purchasing the thing. Let me investigate that rihgt now and see if I can't find a good solution. Maybe fanball's setup system WILL let me make changes after setup and we can do it right now.

Hang with me, I'm efforting

Dyv

p.s. You're quite welcome ;)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:44 am

Originally posted by UFS:
That's about it... Let's say I'm #9. When it's coming back down in Rd 14? 16?, I might start taking handcuffs of 1-2-3-4 picks.

If their top player goes down, I already know he can't bid more than $200.

In the end, it looks like those that spend will have to handcuff earlier. LOL. Another minus to that strategy. Handcuffs in rounds 14-16??? Here's some draft averages for you...
Tony Hollings (RB, Hou) 128.88
Najeh Davenport (RB, GB) 137.31
Greg Jones (RB, Jac) 143.69
Chris Perry (RB, Cin) 156.94
Larry Johnson (RB, KC) 160.88
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:12 pm

Ok, for anyone who wants to see the draft room, you can set up a dummy account. Fanball allows you to create a draft and run 2 rounds on their system without paying for it. So, go here:

http://www.fanball.com/draft/index.cfm

create a draft, flip through the setup and then login and see the panel. This should give you enough time to tool around the system and check it out, offer comments, critiques, etc.

We will have the full leagues done tomorrow afternoon. Greg is enjoying day with his family and I'm assuming (hoping!) that the other 7 owners missing will have sent him the confirmation email we're awaiting...

For everyone, I have 1 alternate, would love to have 2-3 more. If you have a friend or know someone who might be willing to serve as an alternate, please post it here.

Thanks,

Dave

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:22 pm

SHOW THE BIDS Sunday!!! This talk of someone drafting a backup based on someones bid money is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If theres a good backup to draft he'll get drafted anyway. If he's not a good backup and you want to draft him because of my bid money be my guest. You'll just be tying up a bench spot you'll need later. Greg you can post my bid. I know theres no advantage during the draft. UNREAL!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
SHOW THE BIDS Sunday!!! This talk of someone drafting a backup based on someones bid money is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If theres a good backup to draft he'll get drafted anyway. If he's not a good backup and you want to draft him because of my bid money be my guest. You'll just be tying up a bench spot you'll need later. Greg you can post my bid. I know theres no advantage during the draft. UNREAL! I haven't heard a good argument yet to conceal the bids until after the draft. As of right now, my intention would be to ask Greg to reveal them tomorrow afternoon.

Dyv

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:21 pm

Dyv

After a quick 2 rounder on fanball here are some quick thoughts:

1)It looks like the minimum time limit we can set is 2 min.(I'm guessing that won't be an issue with this group)

2)It's nice that the queue list removes players as they are selected rather than crossing through the name. Don't know if there is a limit on players to be queued up - I stopped at 24.

3)Players on master lists are shaded after being selected.

4)There is an edit feature on each draft slot that can be used if wrong player is accidently selected. You may want to set some ground rules for this. I don't see how we can use this feature if the draft goes as quickly as we anticipate. {card laid is a card played} may be the best approach.

5) MB comes up on a seperate screen. Overall I think this site will be servicable to our drafts.

Any other opinions on the site?

RC