Live Chat With Greg A. On Monday At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:51 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Hi Greg

As a first year player in the online format can you give me an idea of average point totals to win the 12 team league and for the overall prize.

Thanks. Welcome aboard Matt. Sorry I didn't get this info via PM as I was looking for the overall point totals on Friday and forget to reply to you.

All of our standings from past seasons are under the Resources link, but I don't see the 2009 Online Championship results. I know we compiled all of that on Friday and put it there, but the link must not be live. I'll see if I can get that added there today.

Winning teams averaged around 138-148 points per week last year in the Online Championship League. Some of the top teams had more than 150 points per week, but a good number to shoot for would be in the 140's. Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Greg,

If you were setting a KDS for yourself in a 14 team league, what would your strategy be and why?

Any tips for the newcomers on how to prepare would be helpful.

Thanks. I've done enough mocks to know that I can better build a good team with a RB I feel comfortable with in the first round. I've struggled in some mocks from the back-end, mainly because I just don't feel as comfortable with all of the top WRs like others do. But that's just me.
[/QUOTE]...but Greg weren't all of your past drafts that you've done to date sans-3RR?...GK
[/QUOTE]Many of the Fanball magazine drafts not only were straight serpentine but non-PPR too. So yes, I have been in more non-NFFC like mock drafts than NFFC like drafts. The majority of Fanball's customers do not play in PPR leagues, but like other long-time services in the industry they are seeing more and more of their customers migrating to PPR.

I look forward to mocking on our new draft software with 3RR ready to go, I'll admit that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 am

Greg,

Who is your choice (at this point) to be in line for comeback player of the year?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 am

Greg, as former President of the FSPA, any advice how players can get the AFFL to stop unsuspecting people from registering for their event?

Most active (as on MBs) high stakes players know what's going on with them not having paid their 2009 winners and now opening up for business for 2010.

This isn't like the old AFFL or Fantasy Jungle, where we were surprised they went under, this is clearly something different.

How would you have handled it back in your days in the FSPA?
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:12 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg,

Who is your choice (at this point) to be in line for comeback player of the year? In the Fanball Annual, I picked Marion Barber as my Comeback Play of the Year. I just think he's dropping too far in fantasy drafts and he's still the best thing the Cowboys have in the backfield. Felix Jones just can't stay healthy long enough to eliminate Barber's value here.

Other staffer picks in that issue included:
Matt Forte (Kyle Elfrink)
Brandon Jacobs (Geoff Stein)
Dwayne Bowe (Mike Sheets)
Anthony Gonzalez (Charlie Wiegert)
Matt Jones (Ray Flowers)

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg,

Who is your choice (at this point) to be in line for comeback player of the year? In the Fanball Annual, I picked Marion Barber as my Comeback Play of the Year. I just think he's dropping too far in fantasy drafts and he's still the best thing the Cowboys have in the backfield. Felix Jones just can't stay healthy long enough to eliminate Barber's value here.

Other staffer picks in that issue included:
Matt Forte (Kyle Elfrink)
Brandon Jacobs (Geoff Stein)
Dwayne Bowe (Mike Sheets)
Anthony Gonzalez (Charlie Wiegert)
Matt Jones (Ray Flowers)
[/QUOTE]Gonzalez & Jones? No chance.

I have a feeling Santana Moss is going to enjoy McNabb.

[ July 19, 2010, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Greg, as former President of the FSPA, any advice how players can get the AFFL to stop unsuspecting people from registering for their event?

Most active (as on MBs) high stakes players know what's going on with them not having paid their 2009 winners and now opening up for business for 2010.

This isn't like the old AFFL or Fantasy Jungle, where we were surprised they went under, this is clearly something different.

How would you have handled it back in your days in the FSPA? It's a great question because no trade association today has the power to shut anyone down. When we started the FSPA our only power there was to spread the word and alert all of our customers to any bad games. And then the FSPA board contacted those owners and put some pressure on them.

I'm not sure the FSTA does that anymore, but they should. We need leadership again that contacts Wade and his co-horts and tells him to shut down until all 2009 prize winners are paid in full. Someone needs to do this.

Heck, if Jack Haan or anyone has his contact info send it to me. As president of the Fantasy Sports Association, I'll reach out to him and see what can be done to stop this. Send it to me at [email protected].

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 am

Which TD vulture will have the most impact on the primary back.
1) Thomas Jones
2) Willis McGahee
3) LT2
4) Mike Bell
5) Lynell Hamilton
6) Jonathon Stewart
7) Tim Hightower
Jeff Potok