Live Chat With Greg A. On Monday At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
quote:Ok then, where is the best place to go for strategic insights and information as it relates to NFFC style scoring? [/QUOTE]Joe, I think one of the best methods of learning is mock drafting in our format and even trying some of the pre-season satellite leagues. Honestly, a Slow Draft where the folks chat for two weeks together in the league forum is a great, great way to get to know veteran players and glean feedback from others. They aren't going to tell you everything, but you get a feel for the 14-team format and 3RR and get a good chance to bounce some ideas off other players. I'd do a Slow Draft if you see another veteran group getting together.

And this week we should unveil our mock draft software. It's going to be great and will allow you to pick out a draft spot to practice from and draft many, many times each day. I'm not saying you need to mock all the time, but again just practicing in the early rounds of the 3RR format will be good and maybe hook you up with some fellow NFFC members. Our draft room will have NFFC style drafts, and other game formats. Look for that soon.

We are going to bring traffic outside of the NFFC to this draft site, so it should be fun. Look for more details very soon and then practice, practice, practice.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 am

I know you can hook up cities via telephone for regular leagues and draftmasters but can you do the same for auctions?
Jeff Potok

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 am

To expand on the rookie contracts, I think there should be "escalator contracts" for all rookies. Terrell Suggs had this type of contract last year, and he explained that when he met his requirement for sacks in his escalator contract, he made 5.5 MILLION more. I don't care what any player or worker says...If you have incentives where you will make more money, you WILL play that much harder.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 am

If Ronnie Brown plays 16 games this season is he a top 5 running back in this format?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Who do you see as the top 5 wrs leaders in receptions? Well, I just can't see Wes Welker coming back to play from Week 1, so I'm leaving him off my list. There's just no way he could make it back that quickly, in my opinion. If he does, WOW.

Okay, so having said that, here's my Top 5:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Brandon Marshall

AJ is going to be unstoppable and Moss now has to get even more targets, even if Brady has to force-feed him the ball. I think Fitz gets force-fed the ball, too. Wayne and Marshall will still get their share of balls.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 am

I know you can hook up cities via telephone for regular leagues and draftmasters but can you do the same for auctions? I'll jump in here if I may...I've played in the NFFC Auction where there was one call in owner. I lost out on buying Witten because we both said a number at the same time, and because he was on the phone, he was awarded the player because the speaker was louder than me, not because he spoke before me. It really didn't effect my draft much at all, but this can be a problem.

I also played in a WCOFF auction where there were SEVEN (yes, SEVEN) callers in the live auction, while I sat in Atlantic City with only 4 other owners at our draft table...lol...That was just crazy. I ended up winning that league, but it still was nuts and I would never want to partake in that again.

Call-ins are possible, but it makes it easier for everyone when all players are present.

Just my opinion.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Who do you see as the top 5 wrs leaders in receptions? Well, I just can't see Wes Welker coming back to play from Week 1, so I'm leaving him off my list. There's just no way he could make it back that quickly, in my opinion. If he does, WOW.

Okay, so having said that, here's my Top 5:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Brandon Marshall

AJ is going to be unstoppable and Moss now has to get even more targets, even if Brady has to force-feed him the ball. I think Fitz gets force-fed the ball, too. Wayne and Marshall will still get their share of balls.
[/QUOTE]Not the sexiest choice but Roddy White is virtually no risk to be 4 or 5 on that list imo.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:25 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, what do you think about rookies getting these ridiculous contracts every year when they haven't played a single down in the NFL? In my opinion, if I were in negotiations this year for either side, this is where I'd be digging to save money. I think it's ludicrous to pay someone that much money before they play a game. You are right Marc, this is the one area both sides of the negotiating table agree on and it will be one of the ways to form a deal. Owners HATE these contracts to unproven rookies and the veterans hate it too, thus the PA will agree to it as long as they get something in return. The expansion of the season is also going to be part of the negotiating ploy going forward.

To see Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford get bigger contracts than some All-Pro QBs is ridiculous, but that's the system we live in. It has to change and it will as part of this next negotiating contract. Unfortunately, it will likely take a lockout to get the next contract and I strongly believe that at this time next year we'll still be waiting on a contract between the two parties.

Anyone else have some predictions on the fate of the 2011 season because of the labor dispute?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 am

I know you can hook up cities via telephone for regular leagues and draftmasters but can you do the same for auctions? No. We need to fill those up in person. Now, if anyone is interested in doing an Auction Championship online with one of the reputable auction softwares, let's talk. Tom and I have kicked that idea around if the playing field is fair and interest is there.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
If Ronnie Brown plays 16 games this season is he a top 5 running back in this format? Heck, he was one of the top players in this format last year before getting injured. He had eight TDs in nine games and was really carrying a lot of teams. But he seems to get injured every year and obviously he carries too much risk for someone like me. I don't venture in these minefields. If he stays healthy for 16 games and carries a team in my league, more power to that owner. For me, I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too conservative to gamble with a guy like Ronnie Brown. Beat me if you can, but I'm not beating myself with the injury history he has.