SNAKEtakes for 2007 NFL Playoffs

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:19 pm

Redskins +3.5 over Seahawks (Playing for Sean)
Jaguars -1.5 over Steelers (I have ZERO confidence in my Steelers right now)
Bucs -3 over Giants (least confident about this one and would NEVER bet it. Depends on how Eli plays)
Titans +9 over Chargers (SD wins, but Tenn ALWAYS keeps it close)

You are pretty good at picking games Snake, and I generally am not, but I always seem to do better in the playoffs.

Should be 4 good games no matter what! :D

[ December 31, 2007, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:56 pm

Snake it may be a bad thing for you since I usually lose at betting games, but I agree with all 4 of your games. I agree with Waz that Tennessee usually keeps it close, but with VY banged up and the thought that Collinsmay see action, I would probably jump on the Bolts with early action before the line moves.

[ January 01, 2008, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Hard heads ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:49 pm

I actually think with Collins, the Titans have a better chance. Fisher is one of the best coaches in the league IMO.

I like the Skins who are playing their best football right now. Can they handle the long road trip?

Eli looked stellar against the Patriots. If he plays even close to that (80%) then the Giants will win this game. If the Giants are even or better in the Turnover Margin, they win.

And finally, the best game of the weekend IMO. I think the Steelers use all of this hype the Jags are getting along with them being home dogs and whip the Jags here. The Jags are coming along, but I'll believe it when I see it that they win a road playoff game in Pittsburgh.

Have faith BW. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:07 am

Okay, I know our main event is finished, but that's no reason not to talk about the NFL playoffs. I think this NFL post-season is the most interesting in recent memory as the most dominant team in NFL history is going up against a field of wannabes that could easily win on any given day. I love the NFC matchups and the AFC is very intriguing with the Colts and Chargers playing so well.

Let's get some smack talk from our NFFC folks about this first round matchups and see what everyone says. SNAKE has posted about the spreads and that's cool, but let's see some predictions and scores for the four playoff games.

I haven't studied real hard on the matchups, but I like:
Redskins rolling at Seattle
Jaguars putting the hurt on Pittsburgh again
Chargers bolting past Titans
Bucs shutting down the Giants

I'll post some scores tomorrow. Anyone else have any predictions?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Washington 23 Seattle 20
Jacksonville 31 Pittsburgh 23
San Diego 24 Tennessee 16
Tampa Bay 20 NY Giants 14

I'm seriously crappy during the regular season handicapping games, but seem to do better in the playoffs.

I almost wish I had somewhere to bet these games! :eek:

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:07 pm

I am sorry Greg and Waz, but how in the hell with Todd Collins, yes the one playing out his ass and yes the one that also still sucks, and traveling cross country to play in one of the, if not the toughest home stadiums can you honestly believe that they have a shot in hell? I know since in my local playoff draft I went a little Seahwak heavy they will now lose, but seriously how do you truly think they have a shot? The Seachickens aren't by any means a great team, but 7-1 at home and a very tough defense and a great environment to play defense in against a guy with how many starts under his belt let alone road playoff starts? I am trying to figure out the love for the Skins' as my buddy says he is taking them on the moneyline, but waste your money if you ask me, but I see very little chance the Skins' win, but I am not a betting man, so maybe you are right. I don't think that game is close, Seattle wins 31-14
In the other matchups I think SD wins 28-13
Jags and Pitt is so tough to pick, but let's go Pitt in a close one 17-16
The G-Men win 24-21 at TB, but I am smart enough to know my abilities and won't lay a penny on any game, except the Seattle game.
Best of luck fellas and Greg is it Baseball season yet?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Craig, it is definitely baseball season. I've reviewed and projected almost 600 players so I'm ready to kick your butt in a draft RIGHT NOW!!! Let's get it on. :D

Skins' defense is for real and the way they shut down Dallas' running game last week was impressive. Alexander looks like an old man and Morris is no Marion Barber, so the Seahawks better hope Hasselbeck is on fire. Have you seen the Seahawks this year? Man, they should have lost 2-3 more games easily. This is not that good of a team. But I hear ya on Collins (but I LOVE the way Portis is running now).

I can't pick for crap either, but I love these matchups. I think it will be a lot of fun with at least two road teams winning this weekend. Now, which road teams will that be? We'll see.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Since snake is keeping track I just want to prove everything I bet will lose... So snake not looking good for you as we have 1 different. I'm planning to bet small as this season has already taken a toll lol so maybe that will make the difference!

skins +3.5
jags -1.5
giants +3
chargers-9
2008 double playoffs!!