WINSLOW CATCH END OF REGULATION

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:42 pm

- i'll tell you what .. THAT WAS A BLOWN CALL.

That was a force out. he would have come down in bounds if he weren't forced out..

that is a call the refs had no balls to call. THIS IS WHY I HATE SPORTS. i'll tell you wat, that was not even a judgment call, it was friggin OBVIOUS. that one play i think cost me a playoff spot in my auction league. worse then that , could have cost the Browns a playoff spot in the playoffs this year. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CALL..

TO WINSLOW, HE IS NOW MY FAVORITE PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE. he is tough (played with injury all year), he reminds me of shannon sharpe, he blocks, he catches, and he made what should have been the catch of the year and got screwed. Who agrees?
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

LETSROLL2007

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:15 pm

agreed, K2/ Browns got screwed. He is the best TE in the league, and just missed quite a few TD's on the 1 yard line this year as well costing us owners

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Sure it's an easy call from your perspective on your couch in slow-mo, pause, rewind etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I wanted the completion too, (I have Anderson) but to say it was an obvious call is a bit of a stretch. His momentum was going toward the sideline already from the route he took. He was pushed out, but to say he 100% for sure would've come down in bounds... I don't think you can say that looking at it one time (non-reviewable call) at game speed.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:09 am

The side judge is right there looking down the line. You didn't need slow mo to see it was either one of two things:

1 ) Pass interference....the defender clearly hit KW before the ball arrived....or...

2) a force out. As the replay confirmed his momentum was taking him toward the back corner of the end zone as opposed to directly toward the sideline.

I agree with weber....it was a TD (force out) and the official didn't have the nads to call it.

These guys are human too. I wonder if at any time the official thought " man...these guys are the kings of last minute losses".

It is the holiday season after all. :rolleyes:

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 am

I for one, couldn't have been happier about the call. However, I agree with Route C.....it was either pass interference or a force out. However, it's not like this was the first (or last for that matter) blown call in the history of the NFL. I would think there was more to that loss than the call (the interception at the beginning of the game that was run back, the fumble in their own end shortly thereafter). No, that game wasn't lost by the officials....it was blown by the Browns.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:42 am

That was a catch and he was forced out of bounds. No question about it. Heck, the refs gave Greg Olsen a TD catch in Green Bay several weeks ago that was less convincing than this one. Winslow went straight up, made a tough catch and the safety clearly pushed him out of bounds. Winslow is as tough as you say Weber and he even had the presence of mind to get one foot down while the other one was trying to drag down. If the Browns were at home, I think the refs give him that catch.

I love the NFL, but the reffing has been tough this year. Not to sound like a homer, but in the Packers' game on Thursday night they clearly blew the first quarter call when Al Harris took the ball from T.O. It was obvious, but worse than the call was the fact that the sideline judge said he blew his whistle early as forward progress was stopped, thus it wasn't reviewable. No way that happened, so he blew it twice. And then the fourth quarter pass interference call was lame, lame, lame.

Yesterday, the Giants scored from the one, and after the play the refs said Lovie Smith threw the red flag to contest the previous play. Nothing was overturned, but the refs made the Giants score again. They lost yards on the next two plays and thankfully scored a TD on third down. What a travesty that would have been if the Giants hadn't scored after scoring legitimately before the red flag was thrown.

Again, I love the NFL, but the instant replay system is laughable the way they do it now. Get a booth ref upstairs to make tough calls quickly and accurately. Having the field umpire be the cop and judge is ludicrous and makes the NFL look foolish.

I hope this loss doesn't cost the Browns a playoff spot. I like watching that team and as badly as they played in the first half they deserved that win at the end. And yes, Winslow has won me over as a true football warrior.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:43 am

I agree they got the call wrong.. but it happens. I do not think it was purposeful. I also know you cannot "review" a force out.. so the ref would have had to make that call, in a split second, at regular speed, on a play that would determine WHO WINS the game... I think he was unsure.. didn't make an immediate call.. and because of that indecision could not 10-30 seconds later determine it was a force out... especially since he had no help on the play...

Bad break for the browns and fantasy players who had Winslow/Anderson...

Keep in mind the Browns got two huge breaks on bad calls earlier in the game. B. Edwards was absolutely hit by the safety and should have been marked down there.. instead of getting up and running for the TD.. and there was an INT that should have been incomplete that went the Browns way...

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:33 am

i honestly think they didn't have the guts to make that big a call at that stage of the game.. if that play occurs in the 2nd quarter it's a touchdown GUARANTEED. it's all about guts. it's sort of like Hockey, fanthom calls are made then out of the blue when the refs realize they screwed up the next minute a make up call is made. those guys should be fined. that win would have virtually clinched them a spot. i love the way this team has played this year.. winslow is turning out to be like father winslow sr. amazing how the gene pool runs in football families.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:15 am

No catch. No way would he have come down in bounds. Even slow motion showed us that.

The Boys just moved up 2 slots and that incompletion.