WINSLOW CATCH END OF REGULATION

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 am

Greg,

I agree with the "Review Referee" idea. I also think, for accountability purposes, that the Megatron should show the replays that the Ref upstairs has access to.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 am

I heard on the radio today that a force out can be called on a play where the receiver will clearly come down in bounds. Not probably but definately. If that is the case then it was a good call.

Thank and have a nice day.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:59 am

Turbough your nuts, with the push he just about got one foot in, without the push he would have gotten 2 in.. your in the minority.. but we all respect your opinion.. if you read the papers and news articles this morning, everyone says it was a push out.. on NFL network this week on their referee review sessions where they bring in the leagues' refs to review calls im anxious to see what he says?
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Greg,

I agree with the "Review Referee" idea. I also think, for accountability purposes, that the Megatron should show the replays that the Ref upstairs has access to. The current system is what I like to call the Andy Griffith system. The head umpire is the one handing out the fines and the one being the final judge over that fine. You can't have the same guy so close to the situation trying to overrule one of his own refs. Too much bias gets in the way. Plus, it's just a cumbersome, time consuming process that could easily be done by giving any knowledgeable NFL ref access to the same replays up in the booth and having him make this call in less than a minute. There's no need to play out the dramatics with the ump running to the sidelines, putting his head under the cape and then having the time run down before he runs out from the booth and makes his biased call. It's embarrassing when college football can do something better than the NFL and they run their replays much more efficiently than the NFL.

I think replay is great for the NFL as games shouldn't be determined by bad calls and too many games were determined by the refs before instant replay. The Cleveland call was questionable and I can understand why the back judge didn't make the tough call on the road. But Winslow definitely scored on that play. What needs to be changed, however, is the process used on every other replay call as the system isn't ideal as it is.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:27 am

Maybe they should go to NHL type of system where all disputed goals are reviewed live in a war room in Toronto with the result phoned to ref.

Just have one NFL war room in NY and review the play in 1-2 minutes and call the ref with the answer..
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Maybe they should go to NHL type of system where all disputed goals are reviewed live in a war room in Toronto with the result phoned to ref.

Just have one NFL war room in NY and review the play in 1-2 minutes and call the ref with the answer.. Wow, they do that in the NHL? Even more amazing, there still is an NHL?? :D Since that sport left ESPN, I didn't even know it existed. But that sure is one smart way to look at replays, I'll say that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Greg,

I agree with the "Review Referee" idea. I also think, for accountability purposes, that the Megatron should show the replays that the Ref upstairs has access to.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Greg,

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Lets not forget that the purpose of the judgement rules is to give the NFL control of the games. Typically the NFL does not make obvious judgement decisions that make it obvious that they manipulate the games. I do not think such an "NFL call" was made on the Winslow catch. But, until they get rid of holding and pass interference the league will remain about as real as a soap opera! Finally, if you think I am nuts...so be it...I'm making a ton of money betting the "storyline" instead of the "odds". But, in reality, I wish I wasn't so sure. It used to be more fun when I thought the games were real. Please tell me that real football used to be played in the 70s and 80s!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:40 am

They stopped playing "real" football when the players became investments rather than players, IMHO.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please