NFFC Magazine Auction League

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 am

If this draft gets pushed to July 2nd at 7:00, I can take a spot if someone is unable to do it.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If this draft gets pushed to July 2nd at 7:00, I can take a spot if someone is unable to do it. Greg already posted that last years participants has 1st dibs Billy so you might be in after all.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 am

That would be great! I will be at the Pirates-Cubs game with Rob B and Tom Yates on July 1st, and leave for Boston on July 3rd.

Maybe it's karma?? (razz)

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 am

Is there any update on if or when this draft is going?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 am

Greg's on vacation today so I'm not sure if he's heard back from ESPN. We'll have a decision tomorrow as to how we're going to proceed.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 am

All of the invites for the auction league have been sent. Please check your email and join the league as soon as possible. We need to get everyone joined before 7 p.m. ET tomorrow. Any questions let me know.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:41 am

A reminder that if you do not join an hour before the start of the auction tomorrow we'll lose the slot. So please sign up as soon as you get the invite. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jim Tracy

Post by Jim Tracy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:37 am

Is this auction automated or will we be manually entering our bids and nominating players? I have never done an auction on ESPN and was wondering if there are any specific instructions.

Jim Tracy
Lucky 13

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 am

We're all going to experience it for the first time tomorrow night Jim. There might be some trial and error involved but we'll figure it out.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 am

Originally posted by Jim Tracy:
Is this auction automated or will we be manually entering our bids and nominating players? I have never done an auction on ESPN and was wondering if there are any specific instructions.

Jim Tracy
Lucky 13 We log in and watch the auction. Isn't this what you thought you were signing on to do? ;)

It's an auction like any other. You nominate players and bid on them, just like every other auction.

This will not pertain to tomorrow nights auction, but my only complaint about the ESPN software is if a person leaves the draft room, the software basically takes over and controls the team. ESPN had a set auction value for each player, if the value isn't met and a team is AWOL, it will automatically increase the bid to ensure the full value of the player is met. I guess it's good for leagues with players missing, but I don't like it.

I've done two auctions on ESPN and didn't have a problem during either. Of course I didn't ever have a problem with fantasyauctioneer, but I wouldn't ever endorse it like I do ESPN.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL