NFFC Magazine Auction League

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Looking at the QB prices, I think Brady was a bargain. :eek: Now I see why a couple of the teams look so strong everywhere but QB - it's because so much money came out at QB.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Here are the Top 14 QBs from last night's auction:

1. Tom Brady $34
2. Drew Brees $30
3. Peyton Manning $27
4. Aaron Rodgers $26
5. Kurt Warner $26
6. Philip Rivers $23
7. Donovan McNabb $22
8. Tony Romo $20
9. Matt Schaub $20
10. Carson Palmer $20
11. Matt Ryan $17
12. Jay Cutler $14
13. Matt Cassel $8
14. Matt Hasselbeck $8 It seemed like the QB's went for MUCH more than they have in the past. Normally you see 4 or 5 go for $20 or more, this draft there were 10!

I'll be curious to see if this sticks.
[/QUOTE]If my recollection is correct, the QBs were nominated in this order:
Brees
Brady
Manning
Romo
Warner
Rodgers
Rivers
McNabb
Schaub
Palmer

After seeing Brady and Brees go for $34 and $30 and then Warner for $26, it was obvious that you had to pay $20+ with this group for a top tier QB. If you didn't want one of the Top 10 QBs, I'm sure folks were feeling like they could get QBs 11-14 for $10 or so. But even Schaub and Palmer went for $20, so this group obviously felt that the QBs will score a lot of points for them this year. Even Cutler went for $14 and he was a team's BACKUP to Romo. So we'll see if the teams who got $8 QBs will be the big winners or not this year.

We'll also see if the NFFC Auction Leagues follow the same route, but I'd say the final prices will be dictated by how high the second and third QBs go. That's what happened with the RBs in this auction. Peterson went off at $59, but after that $44-$48 seemed like the norm for a top RB and $20-$30 for an RB2. Everyone fell in line with those prices and battled accordingly. I trust the same thing will happen in the live auctions with the QBs and if that level is $20-$25 instead of $25-$30, so be it. But either way you'll know what the range is very early in your auction.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 am

Hindsight I probably don't get Cutler for $14 as a backup. I like him as a top 12 and top 6 if they get Marshall.

I certainly could have used the savings to upgrade at WR.

We'll see...
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Hindsight I probably don't get Cutler for $14 as a backup. I like him as a top 12 and top 6 if they get Marshall.

We'll see... I'd fall over dead from disbelief if the Bears ever had a top 6 QB. 42 years of watching bad QB'ing to date, Russ.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:59 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

We'll see... I'd fall over dead from disbelief if the Bears ever had a top 6 QB. 42 years of watching bad QB'ing to date, Russ.
[/QUOTE]Jack, let them get Marshall and then I'll put out a death watch on you... :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.