Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

TradeStar28

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:08 pm

"I feel like I just gave birth to an accountant!"....Rodney Dangerfield, Back To School
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

wombat

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by wombat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:16 pm

Good practice. Thanks Greg for setting this up. However, five hours is way too long. The one minute time limit should have been enforced.

Anybody taking more than three minutes shouldn't have been drafting. Don't know what happened with Roberston in Round 17, but I had better things to do that wait around 15 minutes for his pick.

Anyways, don't want to come across negative here. It was a good experience and good practice.

edelman24

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by edelman24 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Great Mock, although I had to bow out around Round 14 and I think its horrible by the way that site drafted me a 3rd QB and a 3rd TE and didnt draft me a Kicker. O well its my fault for not hanging around , but a site that is dedicated to mock drafting should take current rosters into account. That is the only bad thing I saw from the night otherwise great draft everyone...

InItToWinIt

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by InItToWinIt » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:57 am

Guys,

Sorry about rounds 17 & 18, I thought I hit the auto select. Didn't expect it to go past 11:00PM, if the 1 minute rule was enforced it wouldn't have.

I enjoyed it though, and learned some things as well.

Again, sorry for the hold up! :rolleyes:

Gordon Gekko

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:15 am

I have some in-depth comments about the mock draft last night. I may post them later. I don’t want to get anyone riled up. But for now, I just want to say that it’s unfortunate a couple teams couldn’t tough out the draft and had to go to autopick. You get one chance in a lifetime to have your picks go in a national magazine and you get autopicks? Doesn’t make sense. Getting up early doesn’t cut it.

Oh ya, the site was slow on my end last night, which is why some of my picks were lengthy. I have a cable connection so it wasn’t an issue from my end.

Good job to everyone else.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:28 am

Thanks guys for doing this and we'll have some fun with this in the next issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine. A lot of NFFC guys will be checking it out and questioning your picks, but that's the beauty of a mock draft in June. Thanks again and I'm sure everyone learned a little more about this 14-team format, which isn't easy. When the real deal comes around in September, it will seem like the picks are flying off the board too fast, which will be fun and exciting.

Now it's time to get those picks in print and make you guys stars!!! Oh, I forgot, Gordon you already are a star!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Dyv » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:40 am

My team: (5th slot)

QB: Jeff Garcia, Joey Harrington, Kurt Warner

RB: Clinton Portis, Travis Henry, Brian Westbrook, Quentin Griffin, Artose Pinner

WR: Keenan McCardell, Charles Rogers, Rod Gardner, Tai Streets, Kevin Dyson, Bobby Shaw

TE: Stephen Alexander

K: Jason Hanson

D: Miami, Denver

Obviously I have a Detroit bias built in here - but it was not intentional. If we actually were to run this league I would watch training camp notes and make some replacements. I need a TE and K for bye weeks. Other than that - my only bye week overlap is Rod Gardner and Jeff Garcia in week 7 amongst my starters. Well, also Jason Hanson and Stephen Alexander, but not significant...

I think the draft went well - surprised that RB lingered longer than expected. Compared to the Expert's draft yesterday afternoon and the participant's draft in the evening... RB were a gold mine in the evening draft. WR were harder to come by - but I bet I can find a WR or two from the waiver pool as the season beings to unfold.

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

hammer

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by hammer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:30 am

Enjoyed the draft very much... took too long as others have stated, but it was nice to start the fantasy season

looking forward to hearing some comments on the draft

dgamblnman

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by dgamblnman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I have some in-depth comments about the mock draft last night. I may post them later. I don’t want to get anyone riled up. But for now, I just want to say that it’s unfortunate a couple teams couldn’t tough out the draft and had to go to autopick. You get one chance in a lifetime to have your picks go in a national magazine and you get autopicks? Doesn’t make sense. Getting up early doesn’t cut it.

Oh ya, the site was slow on my end last night, which is why some of my picks were lengthy. I have a cable connection so it wasn’t an issue from my end.

Good job to everyone else. Gordon, didn't you go on autopick the last 4-5 rounds? Just my luck to drafting after you every other round, I loved the wait. Be prepared next time (I averaged about 40 seocnds a pick, and the site was slow for me too. I was just well prepared )

Gordon Gekko

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:46 am

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Be prepared next time (I averaged about 40 seocnds a pick, and the site was slow for me too. I was just well prepared ) Son, you are just flat wrong. Like I said I may go into more detail later. Quickly though, I really hope you weren't picking how you'd pick if the real draft was yesterday. Poor showing Phil. Team Gekko was expecting more from you. Sorry...just keeping it real.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?