Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Gordon Gekko

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
TB is even talking about given Antwain Smith a try. Exactly. Garner is 32 and coming off knee surgery. Sounds like a #1 RB? hehehe

This is too much fun. Keep it going. This thread is gonna be great "water cooler" talk in the office.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:03 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
You'll note I have 2 RBs to cover that week. Anthony Thomas really isn't a RB. He's a bench warmer. Think about it.

Don

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Don » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:25 pm

Could you guys please evaluate my draft. I'm pretty new to this, and need lots of practice before september. I had the first pick for the mock draft.
I choose Tomlinson with the first pick (though he had an easier schedule then holmes). I thought there would have been a decent running back left at my 4 & 5 pick but I was wrong. Here's my first 10 picks. Looking for your thoughts. Talent starts getting thin quickly in this league.
1. Tomlinson 2. Hasselbeck 3. Horn 4. Toomer 5. Andre Johnson 6. Buckhalter 7. Emmitt Smith 8. Fargas 9. Roy Williams 10. Kerry Collins.

Thanks!!

Gordon Gekko

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:50 pm

Originally posted by Don:
Talent starts getting thin quickly in this league.
1. Tomlinson 2. Hasselbeck 3. Horn 4. Toomer 5. Andre Johnson 6. Buckhalter 7. Emmitt Smith 8. Fargas 9. Roy Williams 10. Kerry Collins.

Thanks!! Talent does get thin quickly. Nice starting WR, 2nd RB is below average. Nice QB. Pretty good considering you are new to this arena.

JerseyPaul

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:54 pm

Gordon,

I need Thomas for 1 week of a bye fill-in. But for the record, the Chicago #1 RB, Tom Jones, can't suck enough. By the week I have a bye problem (week 6), A Train might be detoured to the express track. No doubt, I'm solid at RB with Edge, Tiki, Duce and A-Train.

Don,

Beating up on Gordon aside, I don't think it's in my best interest to give specific advice. I will say that I think your draft was one of the better ones. Clearly better than the Gekko. The number 1 slot will have a tough decision at the 2/3. Do you take a mediocre RB2 or a decent QB/WR. The nice thing about 14 teams is that the "Faulk advantage" is diminished because of that. You'll either "overpay" for a RB or end up with a bad RB2 and no serviceable RB3. That slot will need to have the likes of Emmitt Smith have a decent year.

dgamblnman

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by dgamblnman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:00 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Pick 35 - I took Vick at 35, with 6 pts for TD pass, it is worth it Here's the only clue I'll give you to your debacle. And that is exactly what it was, a debacle. A high stakes vet like you should have performed much better. On to your only clue...Vick doesn't gain value for 6pts for TD passes. He doesn't throw that many to begin with. People like Favre move up in the rankings, not Vick. You still have time to figure out the other spots where you went wrong. Good luck! [/QUOTE]If i recall correctly, he will have some rushing points (and alot), the 2 points will add to his value, plus a year of expereince will help too.

dgamblnman

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by dgamblnman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:01 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Bt right now, I see you middle of the pack only if you QBs can perform.
Care to place a wager on that? My team performs better than the median team given DM scoring, I win.
[/QUOTE]This is real league scoring, not DM. That's how I drafted.

Walla Walla

Ongoing NFFC Mock Draft

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:56 pm

My take on last nights draft. Yes it was slow but they are a new site just starting out and are making upgrades as we speak. I think they will be place to go in the years to come. The fact that they were there to make sure things went well speaks volumes. As far as the players picked were concerned I won’t comment. No point in it since this was a mock draft and we really didn’t have a season to play. I drafted as if I had to play a season only to see what the problems would be. Make sure there where backups for all positions and no Bye week problems. First thing I wanted to do is get three good running backs. I think I did that. Second was to fill in with WR’s and pick other players as needed. My make or break pick would start with Winslow.
This is how I would of started the lineup:

QB Tom Brady
RB Ricky Williams
RB Stephen Davis
WR Darrell Jackson
WR Marty Booker
WR Larry Fritzgerald
TE Kellen Winslow
FLEX Charlie Garner
K Ryan Longwell
DT Philadelphia

B Deion Branch WR
B Jerry Rice WR
B Rasham Woods WR
B Ron Dayne RB
B Eli Manning RB
B John Kasay K
B Desmond Clark TE
B Minnesota DT

No bye week problems and backups are covered.
I think it was a solid draft. I won’t try to guess who the best or worst drafters were.
I'll only say it was fun!