Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:50 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Andy - Regarding the "holier than thou attitude" comment you made, I have never once seen Tebow act like he is better than someone else. The fact that he expresses his faith is not equal to an "I'm holier than you" attitude. He is humble in nature, but some people just can't handle the fact that he expresses his beliefs.

After the game, I saw at least three veteran players go up to him with genuine affection. Dawkins was one of them. That speaks volumes to me about what his teammates think of him. you mistunderstood my comment. i don't see him that way at all. i think others do.....my "hollier then thou" comment is driected at the media and nfl "experts" and people that don't want to see God in sports

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 am

I personally don't care if he is a Christian, Jewish, a Baptist or a Muslim. He is a BAD quarterback!
He has no business being on an NFL field except for the last five minutes, of a 62-7 game!

It seems clear to me the only two reasons he is playing is because he somehow got drafted in the first round and the Broncos have given their faithful fans nothing for 3 years now. They caved to the fans pressure. I'm not sure if they caved so he could fall flat on his face and they could move on or if they legitimately thought he had a shot to succeed.
In training camp he was the Broncos 4th best QB. That's right I said 4th! They brought in some training camp arm who all the beat writers said looked more polished than Tebow.

He is also not a rookie. This is his second year. If he were a rookie I'd cut him some slack. He's terrible! I would put 8 in the box even in four wide receiver sets. (to use a Kessenich) Oops he just overthrew another wide open Bronco.

He took 7 sacks against a hapless Dolphins line Even old man Jason Taylor got in on the action. The Dolphins D-line had zero sacks combined coming into that game. They left with four! He's more indecisive with the ball in the pocket then a fat woman at Walmart in the cookie aisle!

Suh, Vanden Bosch & Avril will be waiting for him this week and it could get real ugly real quick, especially with no McGahee to hand off to.

I don't see fantasy gold either, but I guess if you get down 35-7 early in the 3rd and the other team eases up each week you could score 25 a game.
Pat Sorge

mkrucek

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mkrucek » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:18 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I personally don't care if he is a Christian, Jewish, a Baptist or a Muslim. He is a BAD quarterback!
He has no business being on an NFL field except for the last five minutes, of a 62-7 game!

It seems clear to me the only two reasons he is playing is because he somehow got drafted in the first round and the Broncos have given their faithful fans nothing for 3 years now. They caved to the fans pressure. I'm not sure if they caved so he could fall flat on his face and they could move on or if they legitimately thought he had a shot to succeed.
In training camp he was the Broncos 4th best QB. That's right I said 4th! They brought in some training camp arm who all the beat writers said looked more polished than Tebow.

He is also not a rookie. This is his second year. If he were a rookie I'd cut him some slack. He's terrible! I would put 8 in the box even in four wide receiver sets. (to use a Kessenich) Oops he just overthrew another wide open Bronco.

He took 7 sacks against a hapless Dolphins line Even old man Jason Taylor got in on the action. The Dolphins D-line had zero sacks combined coming into that game. They left with four! He's more indecisive with the ball in the pocket then a fat woman at Walmart in the cookie aisle!

Suh, Vanden Bosch & Avril will be waiting for him this week and it could get real ugly real quick, especially with no McGahee to hand off to.

I don't see fantasy gold either, but I guess if you get down 35-7 early in the 3rd and the other team eases up each week you could score 25 a game. And yet he won the game.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

fflmaster

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by fflmaster » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:

I don't see fantasy gold either, but I guess if you get down 35-7 early in the 3rd and the other team eases up each week you could score 25 a game. Question, If Tebow wins this week and scores more fantasy points then stafford will everyone still says he sucks?

I will stand by my statement that he will be a top 6 qb in fantasy points from week 7 on out. There will also be weeks he is the top scoring player.

Lets see how he does this week and after a couple more weeks to get a judgement on him.

I know everyone was loving Newton the day after his performance saying how great he would be. Tebow didn't have that type of performance the whole game, so I understand why people are sceptical.

Time will tell

100,000 winner will have either Newton, Rodgers or TEBOW as their qb. That is my prediction and lets see who is right.

Damn wish I had Newton or Rodgers.

Me thankful for having TEBOW

[ October 25, 2011, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:

I don't see fantasy gold either, but I guess if you get down 35-7 early in the 3rd and the other team eases up each week you could score 25 a game. And yet he won the game.
[/QUOTE]4D, you,me our wives and children could've beat the Dolphins I think! I didn't realize This but Tom Petty penned a little diddy in tribute to Timmy Tebow...it's called "yer so bad" I'll have to work on some lyrics for it .

[ October 25, 2011, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 am

Tebow will not finish in the top 10 QBs from week 7 thru 16 (let's please ignore week 17). This isn't college and all teams aren't the 'Fins. He will have an awful lot of 3 and outs. Enjoy.

P.S.
I could care less what his religious beliefs are or even that he's so likable (which he is). Give me the arrogant atheist a-hole who doubles his production any day!

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Tebow will not finish in the top 10 QBs from week 7 thru 16 (let's please ignore week 17). This isn't college and all teams aren't the 'Fins. He will have an awful lot of 3 and outs. Enjoy.

P.S.
I could care less what his religious beliefs are or even that he's so likable (which he is). Give me the arrogant atheist a-hole who doubles his production any day! Amen to that
Pat Sorge

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

I am not a big believer in Tebow's ability to be a consistent fantasy scorer due to one fact....He can't throw the ball.

What happens when he plays like he did for the first 56 mins of Sunday's game against a good team. Let's say the Saints, and finds himself down 35-0! The game won't allow him to be effective running those QB draws and racking up rushing yards because those plays eat too much of the clock. When he can't throw and you are counting on these rushing yards to set him apart from other QB's, his value diminishes.

Until he can consistently throw the ball, I think he will have some nightmare games. He won't have the luxury of playing against teams like the Dolphins each week.

Oh BTW, was there anyone on the planet that didn't think Tebow wasn't running the ball for that 2 point conversion? I think the Dolphins all did and knew that not allowing him to get in may severely hamper their chances in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes.
Go Big Red!

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:

[/QUOTE]If Miami had recovered that last minute on-side kick like a real NFL team, then everyone would be justifiably talking about how Tebow stunk up the joint.

My grandmother could've beaten the Dolphins.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

hankstr56

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by hankstr56 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:41 pm

I've got Newton AND Rodgers (Mensa Lite II primetime). Is that a bad problem to have?