Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:18 am

Good point Tom. I just think a lot of people are assuming he'll deliver like Vick did last year. But Vick can also pass and defenses had to respect that. Obviously, not so with Tebow. Once they start treating him like any other stud RB and stacking the box, he'll be forced to throw - 10 yards over Decker, 5 yards left of Moreno on a screen, 10 feet in front of him into the dirt, etc.. :D

[ October 26, 2011, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Good point Tom. I just think a lot of people are assuming he'll deliver like Vick did last year. But Vick can also pass and defenses had to respect that. Obviously, not so with Tebow. Once they start treating him like any other stud RB and stacking the box, he'll be forced to throw - 10 yards over Decker, 5 yards left of Moreno on a screen, 10 feet in front of him into the dirt, etc.. :D I don't disagree Mike but the thing is Tebow hasn't been able to throw well in virtually all of his starts. And yet somehow he's put up big-time fantasy numbers. That's the Tebow conundrum. A QB as mechanically poor as Tebow shouldn't be putting up these numbers - even if he has the ability to produce as a runner. Vick wasn't a good passer in his days with Atlanta but he was much better with Tebow. Same with Vince Young in Tennessee. What Tebow has done to this point is pretty unprecedented.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

True Tom. But we've already established that he really hasn't faced many good defenses. And take his run game away (seeing he has virtually no passing game) and most of his fantasy stats will evaporate, IMO.

Of course, I must admit, though I have nothing personal against him, I do kind of hate the idea of another top QB coming off waivers this year (like Vick last year), somewhat negating those of us who spent early picks on Brees, Rodgers, etc.. So yes, I'm rooting against him, just like I rooted against Vick last year - but it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs or character.

Those of you with Tebow in home leagues, SELL HIGH NOW!!! :D

[ October 26, 2011, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:27 am

If I drafted Rodgers or Brees I wouldn't worry at all about anyone who got Tebow. I'd just enjoy the QB ride I'm on cuz it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am

True true, but not if others can close the gap off the wire. ;)

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 am

we will see this weekend.....if he scores 20+ people will makes excuses (bad det def...etc) if he bombs then people will say "see told you so".

i think he scores 20+ this weekend

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 am

This weekend is but one game. Let's check back in 4 or 5 please, especially after he faces some decent defenses.

Besides, when did "20+" become the yardstick for a QB who is getting gushed over this much? :rolleyes: Heck, Colt McCoy's averaging 20+, so is Hasselbeck - but I don't see them being revered as the next coming of Michael Vick. He'll need to average 23+ to enter the top 10. Not holding my breath.

[ October 26, 2011, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 am

This weekend is but one game. Let's check back in 4 or 5 please, especially after he faces some decent defenses. That's true Mike but if he does play well that will be six games in a row when he's gotten starter's action for at least one half or a full game in which he's put up strong fantasy production. I want to see a larger sample size too, but there's no denying that every time Tebow has gotten meaningful action so far he's been a strong fantasy producer.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am

This weekend is but one game. Let's check back in 4 or 5 please, especially after he faces some decent defenses.

Besides, when did "20+" become the yardstick for a QB who is getting gushed over this much? :rolleyes: Heck, Colt McCoy's averaging 20+, so is Hasselbeck - but I don't see them being revered as the next coming of Michael Vick. He'll need to average 23+ to enter the top 10. Not holding my breath. my bad....for his 4 games started so far he is averaging 30 pts per game. :rolleyes:

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am

And you have some magic by which you can retroactively gain those points? Haha. All that matters is from here forward, not the 3 out of 4 games he lit up bad defenses in the past (esp. when 2 of those were last year, under a different coach, with Brandon Lloyd, and on and on and on).